Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

I went and got my haircut. I believe they took off 4 inches! I let it get way out of control. It was a really horrible mess when I went in and I feel so much better now that it is back to my normal hair length and cut.

I got out of the hair school at about a quarter after 11 and so just went to the Soup Kitchen for lunch. I put my 50 cents into the meter and grabbed my bag I use to pick-up bread. Bad news! The elevator/lift wasn't working and my knee is just now starting to feel less painful so I wasn't going to risk the stairs to either fall or injure my knee again. I went to Taco Time and made use of my gift card on the Taco Tuesday deal.

After lunch, I went and got my few items at Dollar Tree and then went down to Winners to find something for Zoe's birthday present. I found the cutest pair of pink pajamas with kitties all over them. On Saturday mornings, they laze about in their jammies for a while and Hunter kitty enjoys having her people home. I hope they will fit. I got her the small (smallest size they had) but Zoe might be and extra small. I put the receipt in the bag in case she doesn't like them or they don't fit or she has something else in mind. I'm good for all of that!

I came straight home from Winners. We have gotten enough snow overnight and today that the caretaker was out with his snowblower. The roads were quite slippery and the intersections were quite icy. Glad to be home from that mess. My parking spot was okay but my neighbor's spot was drifted in from the winds that are pretty high today.

I had a couple of hot dogs and some creamed corn for supper with more Greek yogurt for "dessert." It all hit the spot. I can see bed being at 9:30 tonight instead of waiting until just before 10 pm. I am tired!

That's the update!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:42 pm It's snowing. I had to run to my car and just threw on my poncho because I didn't know how cold it had gotten . Big fat flakes cause it's in the thirties. Bah humbug times twenty.

Going to pickup and do whatever it is I'm going to do in bed. May need to consider a tv in my room.

Mackie, I putmini quilts on my coffe tables and side tables and everything. I just makem without white and throw em in the wash as needed. Bern going it for years so I don't have to have coasters and to add to the decor.
Quilter, this is a rounded corner rectangle that covers about half the table: the end where we set glasses, plates and mugs. It's a creamy coffee color with patches of chocolate and dusty blue. The rug has the same cream and blue in it. DH just loves it.

I realize now that I could just crochet the proper pink bathmats that I can't find in the stores. Doubling up the yarn makes makes quick work of a piece.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

casadekitty wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:44 pm Update:

I got my buttermilk-prune cake made and it smells awesome!
House chores are done and supper was chili with shredded cheese, crumbled corn chips and a dollop of sour cream. If I can have all this on chili I like it better.

Pork roast shredded and, in the fridge, it is very calm and cold out....waiting for the predicted snow.
Tomorrow is the usual house chores and craft time. If I have to shovel it will be done in short bursts because it is supposed to be the heavy wet type of snow.

Jackie, if you don't mind me asking, do you wear dresses around the house? You seem to make a lot of beautiful sounding dresses and clothes and I was just wondering. I wear a lot of skirts and dresses around the house. I figure I have them and they are comfortable so why not. I wear jeans but am so low waisted that they have a tendency to hang on my lower back sometimes causing it to ache. I wish I could wear bib overalls LOL. I have some, should start wearing them more.

Off to do whatever.
JCKitty
If I don't plan on being out and about during the winter months I will pull on a skirt or a dress. Winter is just too cold most days to wear a dress or skirt outside. I did wear dresses and skirts much more when I was working though.

I do wear lots of dresses and skirts in the summer though.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/