Daily Check In January 25, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Thank you Mackie, they were brutal. As soon as I would start to fall asleep I would have to jump up and walk on the cold floor. At one point I reached down I even had to pull over on my way to work this morning and get out of the car and walk around - but that was the last episode I had today - so here's hoping. I am continuing to slam the clear liquids but no more Liquid IV for me today - they don't recommend more than 1 a day and I've had 2.

I am very happy to see that DD and her SO are eating the homemade muffins I made. I told them to help themselves because I got a little carried away with the baking and I don't want them to go to waste and I don't want to freeze them (I will if I have to). They are putting a pretty good dent in them so - yayyy!!

Again, I have to stay up until 9:00 to take more medicine but I am feeling so much better than last night at this time - I got this. When the kiddos get back from the grocery I will get in bed and watch something. They asked if I wanted anything from the store but I am determined to not buy any more groceries until February.

They are back so I'm off to my bedroom where it is warm.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I had a very difficult time sleeping last night. The stupid shoulders AGAIN. I got up about 6:30 and covered up in my electric throw in my recliner and THEN I got some good sleep!

It was a spend nothing day. That was nice. I did all my shopping and errand running yesterday. Zoe and the kids will come by tomorrow to get their birthday packages.

I have the dishwasher to unload again and get some more dishes in there. I have to put more water, not much, in the aquarium.

I had Greek yogurt and an espresso for breakfast and hot dogs and some creamed corn for lunch,. Supper will be some cheese over waffle fries. :-)

Not much else happening around here except some light duties and catching up on some shows I had recorded.

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:23 pm I have shingles.

No WONDER I feel like half my body has been hit by a truck. Just the one side, the other side could run a marathon.

And as it turns out? I could have had the shot already; I thought the age you could get it was 60, not 50.

It snowed here just a little last night, but never got cold enough for anything to stick or for the moisture to turn to ice. Which is good since DD had to go to clinicals at 6:30 a.m. A lot of Oklahoma got snow, but the greater Tulsa area mostly got rain 'til around 10pm.
Oh Sandi....you poor thing! I hope you get better soon.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:58 pm Thank you Mackie, they were brutal. As soon as I would start to fall asleep I would have to jump up and walk on the cold floor. At one point I reached down I even had to pull over on my way to work this morning and get out of the car and walk around - but that was the last episode I had today - so here's hoping. I am continuing to slam the clear liquids but no more Liquid IV for me today - they don't recommend more than 1 a day and I've had 2.

I am very happy to see that DD and her SO are eating the homemade muffins I made. I told them to help themselves because I got a little carried away with the baking and I don't want them to go to waste and I don't want to freeze them (I will if I have to). They are putting a pretty good dent in them so - yayyy!!

Again, I have to stay up until 9:00 to take more medicine but I am feeling so much better than last night at this time - I got this. When the kiddos get back from the grocery I will get in bed and watch something. They asked if I wanted anything from the store but I am determined to not buy any more groceries until February.

They are back so I'm off to my bedroom where it is warm.
Feel better Sheila.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:17 pm That was the only way to mark fabric when I learned to sew.

Penny
Mom taught herself how to sew.

When I took HomeEc we had tracing wheels and really good tracing paper. No the tracing paper is not as good I find.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:00 am Mom taught herself how to sew.

When I took HomeEc we had tracing wheels and really good tracing paper. No the tracing paper is not as good I find.
When I couldn't even find tracing paper, I switched to Chalk. They sell it as pencils and the box I got came with different colors of chalk that would contrast with the fabric you were sewing on. It's the best method I have found so far! I think I found it on the wall with the quilting notions the last time I was in Fabricland. It was rods of chalk and then a chalk holder like the one the teachers used at school.
Hope has a good imagination.