Daily Check In January 25, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2023

Post by SandiSAHM »

I have shingles.

No WONDER I feel like half my body has been hit by a truck. Just the one side, the other side could run a marathon.

And as it turns out? I could have had the shot already; I thought the age you could get it was 60, not 50.

It snowed here just a little last night, but never got cold enough for anything to stick or for the moisture to turn to ice. Which is good since DD had to go to clinicals at 6:30 a.m. A lot of Oklahoma got snow, but the greater Tulsa area mostly got rain 'til around 10pm.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:57 pm Mackie, my mom had a bad reaction to penicillin when she was in her teens or twenties. She had hives and I’m not sure what other reaction. Back then the doctor told her that if she had penicillin again she could die. So the rest of her life she told doctors that she was allergic to it. I can’t remember her ever needing an alternative like amoxicillin. It is great that now testing is possible. I hope that you are not allergic but glad you will know for sure.

It’s great that Lily Dog is so much better!
Penicillin is the only drug they can test for like that. The testing takes so long because they test for each stage of the metabolites of the drug. I found it fascinating.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:23 pm I have shingles.

No WONDER I feel like half my body has been hit by a truck. Just the one side, the other side could run a marathon.

And as it turns out? I could have had the shot already; I thought the age you could get it was 60, not 50.

It snowed here just a little last night, but never got cold enough for anything to stick or for the moisture to turn to ice. Which is good since DD had to go to clinicals at 6:30 a.m. A lot of Oklahoma got snow, but the greater Tulsa area mostly got rain 'til around 10pm.
oh no - several folks in my family have had them - painful!! Hope they go away quickly!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:23 pm I have shingles.

Oh Sandi, I hope that you get over them fast. I have been procrastinating on the shots but hearing you has made me check to see if I can get the first one next week. I’ve been procrastinating because I’ve heard that many people have a not great reaction to the shots.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:54 pm Oh Sandi, I hope that you get over them fast. I have been procrastinating on the shots but hearing you has made me check to see if I can get the first one next week. I’ve been procrastinating because I’ve heard that many people have a not great reaction to the shots.
If it's shots or feeling like this, take the shots, LOL. I had no idea what was happening to me. Then DH saw the rash (which I didn't know I had, because that part of my back always hurts, just not this badly) and put it all together...
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Sandi, ugh shingles....hope it dissipates soon. One of my aunties got them and they were close to her eye.

Mackie, I like to cook but only what I want to cook and then I need someone to help eat it LOL. Seriously,
by the time it is all done I just don't have much of an appetite.

I have my salad assembled and it is so pretty I took a picture of it and sent it to the DD's LOL.
I went out and moved snow off of the apron of the garage, it seems to be melting and compacting. The ground is still warmer and I think that is helping it melt. But according to the news dude temps are going to drop ....going into a colder period.
In 1978 this was the first day of the 3 day blizzard and I can remember the 20 foot drifts they are talking about. On the country roads around our house people lost their cars in the drifts and when they started cleaning the roads several were hit by snowplows.

My dogs don't want to walk in the snow....both of them have done their business on the deck! They tell me "sorry" with their eyes so I don't fuss at them.

Need to pen up my chickens and will call it quits for the evening.

JCKitty