Daily Check In January 25, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In January 25, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening. Sandi, I am so sorry to read that you're battling shingles - I hope you will get well sooner than later.

I had a half way decent day in spite of a truly wretched night last night - I was up all most the entire night with tummy troubles and coughing - but the worst part were the HORRIFIC muscle cramps in my ankles and legs every time I would start to fall asleep. The pain was terrible. Covid tests are negative.

I drank 2 Liquid IVs today (they are heavy on potassium and magnesium) and hope to be able to sleep tonight. If I don't, I am not going to work tomorrow. I am not as sick as I was right after Thanksgiving (KNOCK WOOD) - by this time during that illness I was absolutely flattened.

DD and her SO shoveled my whole driveway today because we got 5 inches of snow between 7 and 2 - and then the freezing rain started. They are out with the dogs right now. I am off to eat my supper before said dogs get back - they always think they need to taste it to make sure it is fit for me to eat. :lol:
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by Jackielou » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:28 pm

Update

Still can't get the markings onto the knit dress fabric, so I will have to wait on sewing those for a bit. Not a biggy as I have lots of other things I can finish up or even start if necessary (which might be as it is not what I would call good weather for cross stitching).

It snowed off and on for most of the morning. That enabled me to get 3 cupboards cleaned (only one left now) and toss a few things that were no longer in good shape. My goodness do I have a lot of baking pans. I may ask youngest DS if he could use some loaf pans, cake pans, and whatever else I find I have a great many of. May as well give them to him rather than the second hand stores, if he can use them.

Started boiling the eggs for egg salad, made a lovely loaf of bread, and have done some knitting. Watching a few shows I had recorded on the PVR.

I really like days where things move along and I manage to get lots completed.

Off to do some more knitting.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/

If you know how to do the old fashioned tailor tacks try those if you don't want to wait. Just use a ball point hand sewing needle.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:10 pm If you know how to do the old fashioned tailor tacks try those if you don't want to wait. Just use a ball point hand sewing needle.

Penny
I actually thought about doing those. That is how my mom marked everything.
Jackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by Jackielou » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:14 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:10 pm
If you know how to do the old fashioned tailor tacks try those if you don't want to wait. Just use a ball point hand sewing needle.

Penny
I actually thought about doing those. That is how my mom marked everything.
Jackie
That was the only way to mark fabric when I learned to sew.

Penny
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well I am behind on my steps, but did my PT exercises and will do my standing leg exercises shortly. I'll walk more while im heating din din but I try not to walk later than that. I also did not do a chair program to day.

I just found out that there is a small indoor market this weekend so I am trying to get a few valentiny things made-smaller bags like a kids purse, tote bags, some pillowcases and soon. We'll see what I can get done. Maybe not very much. I've had the fabric there, just was too lazy to start it.

I organized my new rolling rack. The top shelf has the notebooks and tech and a few other things, the middle on is my yarn and right now the bottom one only has my large study bible, but there is room for more.

I never got my load of wash into the dryer so first thing in the morning I will do that and put my non skid bath mat in-its long over due, lol.

Im going to try some earnings and piddle around on the laptop from now until after jeopardy and then I will have italian pot roast and some garlic bread-thawing and bread takes five to heat. I'll get those last steps in for that, and get back on track tomorrow.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sandi, a sweet lady I went to church with got shingles on her face. She was laid up for ages. I hope you bounce back a lot faster.

Happy Daze, those muscle cramps sound just awful! Hope you are better tonight.
Mackie