M&M SpokePerson Candies Cancelled

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

M&M SpokePerson Candies Cancelled

Post by LogicsHere »

Has anyone seen where Mars has decided to "cancel" the M&M Candy Spokespersons because "conservatives and Tucker Carlson" don't think the green one is sexy any more because they changed her shoes from go-go boots to high heels. Sheesh.

They have decided to give up the carton advertisments in lieu of a female spokesperson. How stupid. They have been using the candy animation ads for over 50 years and now someone is complaining about them? Cartoon candies?
LWolfT

Re: M&M SpokePerson Candies Cancelled

Post by LWolfT »

We were wondering if this isn't part of an ad campaign that ties into Super Bowl commercials ...
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I will be surprised if it is not a marketing stunt, especially as Carlson has done it very humerously if you have watched him.

That aside, I would be ready for something else or at least something alternated with them. even cute m and ms get old after awhile.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I saw that and figured somebody would get their shorts in a knot because there were now female M & Ms. Good grief.
Mackie
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I always thought the animated M&M's were just incredibly stupid. I never cared what they wore, or their gender, etc. But I feel that way about all brand characters, anyway LOL

I just don't see the connection between liking animated characters, and liking M&M's candy.
However, if one were wearing a hltIer moustache, I can understand an uproar.
ohjodi
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I'm with Jodi, I just don't care - but I did hear that it was all part of a huge marketing thing and that the characters will be resurfacing in their new adventures or "next chapter of their lives" or whatever it was.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz