Daily Check In January 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Daily Check In January 26, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, all. I am thrilled to have slept from about 9:30 to a little after 4:30 - I like more sleep than that but still call that a successful night. I am still coughing just a little bit but I don't have that "I'm soooooooo SICK" feeling that I had before.

We have freezing rain this morning - sand truck are out but traffic appears to be running normally. I am all ready for work, have eaten my breakfast potatoes with a muffin and had 2 cups of coffee. I'm all packed up to go - it just isn't time yet. I even put away clean dishes and laundry this morning.

I hope everyone has a great thrifty Thursday and that you are all feeling well.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 26, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Spent some time going over the news this morning and enjoying my first cup of coffee. Also time spent looking at the household task list. Really not that long a list at all. I believe that today is going to be our last nice day as far as temperatures are concerned which makes me want to spend a bit of time outside at some point.

Tasks for today are sweeping floors, putting away the clean dishes, paying the last of the bills online, and cleaning the last cabinet. Not a great deal at all. I may add a couple of small things I would like to complete or start (like the shopping list for next week) and then either make the tailor's tacks on the dresses, or knit and perhaps get this shawl/blanket done by the end of the month.

Hubby ordered the parts for the BBQ yesterday, I told him to make sure he got them or we would be without one for the summer. Even ordering those parts one was already out of stock. Good thing the part is just a cover piece and he can do some moving around until they come back into stock.

I am looking forward to seeing how well we did with the budget this month. I am pretty sure I will be under budget on groceries (or at least I hope so). I may have to expand the Household Maintenance line a bit. I also know we will be under for fuel this month as well. Not sure about other budget lines. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Not much Christmas baking left. There is a little almond bark, some shortbread cookies, and some gingersnaps. I think I may have a cup of tea and some cookies for a mid-day snack today. I really want to make some muffins, but promised myself that until all the baking is gone I would not bake. Hubby is hinting at a cake.

Supper tonight will be a package of frozen Sweet and Sour Meatballs, rice and I will use up the last of the asparagus. Might have to make a bit more sauce for the meatballs and to put on the rice.

Today I am grateful that we have had such nice weather the last few days. It broke the tedium of the winter.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Woke up at 5 and took the dogs out and went back to bed until 715. All the necessities are done and drinking my second cup of coffee. I have chest wall pain today. They have a name for it but can’t spell it! Lol. Knew not to pick up my 16 lb dog yesterday. Doesn’t hurt that much, but slightly affects my breathing. I have had it for many yrs,but never learn. Hope everyone has a happy day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a somewhat nice day today. We have the sun out nice and bright at the moment but it is supposed to get a bit cloudy later and a bit more windy.

Morning routine is complete with exception of taking out the garbage and comingled recyclables. I'll do that when I finish my post. Today will be more of the same reading, playing on the computer, coloring, puzzles, etc. I lead a really dull life LOL.

Tonight's menu is potatoes and eggs.

Well that's all for now. Have a nice day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ownedbydogs wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:09 am Woke up at 5 and took the dogs out and went back to bed until 715. All the necessities are done and drinking my second cup of coffee. I have chest wall pain today. They have a name for it but can’t spell it! Lol. Knew not to pick up my 16 lb dog yesterday. Doesn’t hurt that much, but slightly affects my breathing. I have had it for many yrs,but never learn. Hope everyone has a happy day.
Be careful.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I slept well. We did get some rain last night - not a lot - and it is cooler this morning. I’m wearing shorts in the house but will have to switch to slacks. I put some items in my car and it is chilly.

Today is the birthday lunch for my friend. It’s at a recently opened restaurant not far from mom’s house. It is a branch of a downtown restaurant that has a few other locations in the state. It is on the water (the Bay) but I think it will be too chilly to sit outside.

I told my friend that I’ll drive myself because I want to go to the library and mom’s house after lunch. The bridge that I drove over on Monday, the Sunshine Skyway, has quite a history and there is a library book called Skyway that I want to check out. The old bridge (two separate spans) opened the day before I was born. In 1980 a tanker hit the pilings of one of the spans and partly collapsed it, killing 35 including people on a Greyhound bus. It happened when I was in Europe almost ready to come home and when I called my mom from JFK Airport that is the first thing she told me. Months later I drove over the second span and it was eerie to see the broken bridge aside of me completely gone right at the top. They later built the current bridges and tore down most of the old bridges except the causeway parts that are now fishing piers. Anyway, I want to read the book.

U.S. figure skating on tonight. I first thought I’d miss part of it because of lunch but it is PM rather than AM.

Have a good day.