Daily Check In January 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In January 26, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

The days are getting longer finally.

I used to have to close my curtains at 5ish and now it is almost 6 and only closed one.

I like using real sunlight. Thankfully we have lots of windows.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I have managed to stay busy today, I just kept finding little piddly things to do. I figure if I have the time and energy I just keep going.

Laundry done and hung around the woodstove. Kitchen cleaned and I cleaned the glass doors of the upper cabinets....they were grungy.
Started a jar of orange peel vinegar, that stuff is great for cleaning FYI. It is just washed orange peels in a quart jar and you cover them with cheap white vinegar.
The usual house chores and I didn't cook anything today because I have plenty of things to heat up on the woodstove to eat. Tonight is BBQ pulled pork, salad and chips.

I had my drive plowed today, not really planning on going anywhere but need it cleaned so that it looks like someone lives here LOL
I think I will sleep tonight, tomorrow I hope to do floors. I have had good luck with using a micro fiber on the end of my Libman thing. When the dogs come in, I clean up the prints with it right away.
Off to watch some mindless TV,
JCKitty
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hey everyone,

Nothing much happened today. I ran over to Mom and Dad's to collect mail and to put out the garbage and recycling for pickup. DSisIL is coming into town and will put the cans away.

I want to get a gift bag for the bridal shower on Saturday. Then Sat evening one of my out of town cousins (aunt of the bride-to-be) will be in town with her new fiance. she is 10 years younger than me and has never been married. She lived with and helped to care for her mother. My Aunt did not drive, so J provided transportation and then Aunt developed dementia and died a year or 2 ago.

I am seeing my scale going up. I am really eating too many carbs. I need to cut back significantly. I seem to be extremely carb-sensitive.

Have a great evening,
Maggie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I had a fun day. We had five people at the birthday lunch and we all really liked the restaurant. It’s nice to have another restaurant in this area. It has a big, lovely porch overlooking the water but it was too cool and windy today but will be nice in the Spring.

I put out one bag of trash mainly comprised of items from the house that I decluttered earlier this week. At the library I found the two books I wanted (forgot the dvd I had looked up) and got another puzzle. I did not notice until I got home that the puzzle has a label saying that two pieces are missing. That’s OK, it will still be fun.

I want to watch the U.S. women’s figure skating short program tonight but it does not end until almost midnight my time. (It is being held in California.) I might make it until 11.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Ugh, I feel yucky - half hour till I can take more Mucinex - I might take it a few minutes early. I have done a steam inhalation and am drinking tea with honey and lemon - as hot as I can stand it.

The good news is - the Liquid IV is taking care of the leg muscle cramps. I had 2 yesterday (in a lot of water with a lot of ice) and one today - and my legs feel great - and not any problems last night. I'll celebrate that win!

The dogs are snoozing - it is their "we're down for the night" sleep. I may have a bowl of cereal or something for a nighttime snack - I rarely snack at night but my supper didn't cut it. I heated up a can of stewed tomatoes and threw in some leftover macaroni and heated up some leftover green beans.

DD's SO just knocked and asked if the dogs want to go out again - they did not even more so I said no but if they wake up at 2:00 a.m. I'll call you - he said "okay", LOL - but of course I wouldn't - one person awake at 2 a.m. because of dogs is enough.

Well I am off to take my medicine and find a snack. I might pop back in later - I'm feeling a long night. :cry:
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy Daze, I hope you and the dogs sleep really well. Lily Dog and I have had our meds and are tucked up in bed for night.
Mackie