Daily Check In January 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In January 26, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

Hello All

Slept fairly well and have had my eggs and sausage and a couple hershey's kisses along with my morning caffeine, lol.

Damn cold now but will warm up to fifties later and sixties tomorrow (complain, complain, just let me get through february). I am enjouing my under the blanket morning time and looking out the window while I am on the computer and making notes in my journal.

I have been thinking more, and I am unsure I want to do the sunday craft fair or if I have time to make things. I told the hostess (the market is eleven to three), that it would probably be closer to one before I can arrive as I have church first. We shall see. I have promised to do one a month for the next four months aside from this and that gives me more time to sew.

I have the normal plans for today, knitting/sewing/reading as well as a work out and a few household things. I do have to leave and hit joannes today unfortunately. I am going to learn how to paper piece (both types) tomorrow and so I want to get a seam roller (which I have wanted for awhile) and a fabric glue stick and a couple other things). My Bomb squared bee is reading one of the 100 books you should read in your lie time (your choice) and making paper pieced log cabin blocks so that we can make a quilt that looks like one in a kids book and donate the book and the quilt to a library project.

Also tomorrow we are going out to dinner to the Italian restaurant that only seats twenty people. Last went on my birthday.

At least the sun is out, I can live with the cold if it is. I finished Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow and cannot recommend it enough and now am moving on to WE are the LIght by the guy who wrote silver linings play book. I am waiting on a bunch of books including one narrated by an octopus and Demon Copperhead which is based on David Copperfield.

Have a good day, back later
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept well last night. I went to bed about 8:45! I only got up twice.

At 2am i had to go to the bathroom. The COD was still up. Then he starts cooking - he pan fried some chicken. I guess he ate it all. I did look for it in the fridge this morning - thinking of my lunch - :mrgreen:

Oh well will have to have something else.

It is another very nice day - a bit colder than yesterday, but still sunny.

Hope all have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Morning tasks on the household to do list completed. I will start to make rags out of the pj bottoms next (small added task) and then start making the shopping list for next week. Or perhaps change those around as I am sitting at the desk and can look up prices quickly.

While it was overcast when I got up this morning, I never expected with the rising temperatures to be almost in what one could consider a blizzard. The wind came up and the snow started to fall. Now I can hardly see down the street or into the valley.

We won't be getting as much snow as the city where our youngest DS lives, but enough that we will need to push snow once again.

Off to continue with those few little extra tasks.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. Owned, please take it easy. Happy Daze, so glad you are feeling better. Hope it passes off quickly this time.

It's snowing just a bit this morning. Won't amount to a thing. I had a terrible time going to sleep due to knee pain. My knees are excellent weather forecasters.

This morning I need to do a little bit of grocery shopping and a few chores. There will be productive puttering.

Hope you all have a good day.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Owned, you be careful and take care of yourself.
Sheila, so glad you are sounding better and more like yourself.

I slept well! and have been up and have the outside chores done. I had to wake DD's dog up to go outside to potty. I had already cleared a path for the dogs and hauled in 3 loads of wood.
It snow again last night, probably a little over an inch.
I will be getting the drive cleared after lunch sometime, I told them no hurry I am not going anywhere but also don't want freezing and thawing of the slush to make it a skating rink out there.

Kids are on an e-learning day as they were yesterday, I will work on my crafts this afternoon.
I am putting the layers on the dragonfly wings, pretty happy with the results so far. I found some glitter so that will be the last layer before the sealant. I am really "tarting" it up LOL.
Plenty of stuff to choose from to eat from meals. My Yankee noodles turned out good even though I couldn't find the original recipe I just winged it from memory and so good. It would look better if I had used whole noodles but I had some bits and pieces that needed used up and I didn't want to waste them.

As much as I dislike winter I have to admit the snow does look pretty and it covers up the dull browns and greys of the property.
I have been making iced tea every day, trying to not buy and drink soda. It has gotten so pricy and IF it is here I will drink it :roll: Plus I have a collection of tea that could last forever LOL.
I love Constant Comment tea for drinking hot. That is usually my afternoon pick me up.
Off to slap some "paint" on my face, I feel naked without a bit of make-up, usually some shadow and mascara.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

This month is just flying by!!!