Daily Check In January 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In January 26, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

I hate doing errands,cause they just divide my day, lol (as opposed to lunches and such which are more relaxing).

I had planeed expenditures today at Joannes, but the thing I needed the last couple of skeins for my blanket were out, so I will either need to do curbside pickup or order to the house.

I now have a fabric glue stick (not sure I will use it but was recommended for paper pieceing so we shall see, Im a pin or spray baste girl), a new wooden pointer/turner. bobbins, and a couple other things. I also allowed myself a whateburger (sandwich only) and a diet coke. Dinner will now definitely be a spinach dijon salad with some crackers and maybe some berries. I need to plan meals for the next week.

It has been brought to my attention that three shows that I watch on PBS masterpiece have new seasons available. I may need to subscribe at six bucks for one month (the Wall, Astrid, and one other)

Since I am allowing myself to not do the craft sale I'm slowing down on my sewing. i can list the valentine goodies like pillowcases on my page. My next sale is at the end of February and I will have all EAster/Spring and St Patrics stuff forward.

I will do at least something cosntructive though here, I promise. At some point.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Sheila..glad you are feeling better.
Owned....please go easy!
Kitty...I SO want to see the "tarted" up butterfly!!!!!!!

I finally go out skiing today..late start. My two granddaughters 17 and 14 have now officially left me in the dust!
They are such good skiers now. I am a decent skier..but just don't have the strength that I did years ago. I am happy to just be out there! Their high school is having regents this week and neither one had a test today.

Off to make dinner.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

DH and I were up earlier than normal, i got up at 5:30 am cry:

We had to by 7am to get BB girl to the vets for her surgery.

I had to take care of DHm walk the dogs ect

we were there at 7:30am, a bit early, but better early then late.

we left her there at 8am.

went to Costco for gas and went inside for some stuff, out for under $100 :D

Got some hamburger and some eggs. they have the 24 eggs again, $6.49

they called at 11:30am to tell us that she was ready for the surgery, we are waiting for a call now that she is fine.

DH is depressed because he is so worried.

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal2 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:46 pm This morning I got 5 pieces of wings of fried chicken at Taco Bell for $6.99 (ouch) LOL I do remember frying chicken, but it's been years.

I loved Ovenfry, but hey no longer make the original one :|

I've been wanting some fried chicken for a while now.

It's not bad, needed a treat today.

IC
It was more pan grilled - not fried. Boneless skinless chicken breasts. Or chicken fillets - they sell up it cut up in long strips. He will bring me chicken wings from a local place - love them. Their sauce is so good.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal2 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:24 pm DH and I were up earlier than normal, i got up at 5:30 am cry:

We had to by 7am to get BB girl to the vets for her surgery.

I had to take care of DHm walk the dogs ect

we were there at 7:30am, a bit early, but better early then late.

we left her there at 8am.

went to Costco for gas and went inside for some stuff, out for under $100 :D

Got some hamburger and some eggs. they have the 24 eggs again, $6.49

they called at 11:30am to tell us that she was ready for the surgery, we are waiting for a call now that she is fine.

DH is depressed because he is so worried.

IC
oh hope all goes well.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening! I spent all day in a spreadsheet again so I'm tired. My dogs are in rare form this evening - nagging me for treats and attention - and yes, I know my dogs need my attention but I'm am not up for it right now. DD and her SO are going to take them on their long walk early - suits me!

About 4 or so inches of snow continues to cover the ground but no additional accumulation in spite of having a few flurries here and there. The SO shoveled a big area so I can pull in the driveway and back around so I'm facing out - which I prefer. I told him if there is a lot of snow in the forecast I will be parking at the END of the driveway so if he has to go anyplace, get it done before I get home from work. I said it a whole lot kinder than that but made my point.

I am already in pajamas and as soon as these dogs leave I'm going to heat up some leftover something for supper. Once again,I have to stay up till 9:00 to take medicine - oh well. The coughing and congestion continue but I am so thankful I'm not sick like before! I may take tomorrow off - I told my boss I would let him know in the morning.

My coworker really wants me to come in because we scheduled a meeting for me to train her on some stuff tomorrow - I understand she is excited to get to it but sick is sick - and we aren't supposed to go to work sick.If I'm coughing I'm not going.

Hope everyone has a good night. Off to determine what's for supper - there is not a thing wrong with my appetite!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz