Daily Check In January 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In January 26, 2023

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I was exhausted last night I went to bed about 8:10 pm I woke up once about 2 am, my right shoulder started hurting so I got 2 ice packs one to lay on the other to put on top of my right shoulder. I slept again until about 6 am.

I was finally able to talk to someone at the housing office. She is sending me paperwork. For this complex to release me from the lease. Then I have to find out if the complex wiil release me from the lease. After the relase date I will have 60 days to find a new apartment.

Housing will need to approve the apartment unit.

That is all I know now.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis,

I am finally out of bed. I had my usual difficult time of dealing with shoulders and got up and had some breakfast (Greek yogurt), my medications and then went back to bed for awhile. I am now feeling awake and ready to do stuff. This past week, I have literally been so tired I wouldn't drive a few afternoons because I was so tired it would have been dangerous. The joys of having cruddy shoulders and restless legs syndrome!

I am going to be making up a small grocery list of mostly produce. I got stewing beef to make a nice big pot of beef stew so I can freeze some meals. I will get the veggies and what not for it probably tomorrow. I have a box of pasta mix for a tuna salad and need to get some celery and a green pepper to make that too. I thought of just making it without but thought of how good it would be WITH it, especially the green pepper.

This afternoon is more messing about in the kitchen and putting more stuff into the dishwasher. I might have to run it again. I have my eye out for another used portable dishwasher as mine is still washing extremely well but one of the brackets that holds the upper shelf seems to be failing. I am going to give it a lookie loo to see if it might be jerry-rigged with a couple of plastic zip ties.

I got the needed water into the aquarium. The fish are all happy no matter how much they have but I like to keep it at the top of the tank. If it gets low, then the tank doesn't look like a picture window you are looking through to see the fish. The tank came with some plastic plants. I am thinking of getting the fishies a real one or two. I've seen some on sale on Facebook Marketplace. It's not going to happen until later, maybe in spring.

I am sitting here in my bathrobe needing another espresso. Then? I'll really get the day started after a shower and getting dressed!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!

Mid 20s and it's been snowing again, I was going to do some grocery shopping, but didn't want to mess with the weather. We'll be just fine until tomorrow or early next week.

I also have a few things to accomplish before DH gets home. He's supposed to get off early today, right about the time I have a work meeting.

Dinner tonight will be leftover teriyaki chicken. I tried making teriyaki sauce, but it wasn't a good cooking sauce, so I'll use the bottled stuff when I warm this up.

Shelia, glad you're feeling better.
Owned, are you talking about pleurisy? Even if not, doesn't sound too comfortable, so take care of yourself.

Anyway, off to portion out my chicken broth and put it in the freezer. I may make the chicken soup after we finish off the bean soup I made.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Penny, I hope it all works out with the move you hope to make.

The little bit of snow quit, but it sure is cold. I did the grocery shopping for the rest of the month. Went over my self-imposed $90 a week limit by $10.02 for people food, which was the price of the big package of ground beef on special. Because the total had come in under every past week all month, the average weekly cost is $89.83. Squeaked in with 17 cents to spare!

(This would not be possible without leaving DH at home. When he goes with to the store, all kinds of expensive junk food winds up in the cart when I'm not looking.)

This week I spent more on the dogs by purchasing the largest bag of dog treats. It should last them two weeks and prove a better value. Also bought a little variety of cat treats to tempt Ollie Cat's appetite. He is so old now and treats are easy for him to eat.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The snow has finally stopped, and the sun is peaking through. How long this will last is anyone's guess as the forecast is calling for yet more snow and perhaps rain just before. I am not going to like those slippery conditions at all if that does happen. The wind, however is still with us which makes it feel a bit colder.

Rags are cut, elastic removed from the pj bottoms to be reused.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:10 am Good morning all

I slept well last night. I went to bed about 8:45! I only got up twice.

At 2am i had to go to the bathroom. The COD was still up. Then he starts cooking - he pan fried some chicken. I guess he ate it all. I did look for it in the fridge this morning - thinking of my lunch - :mrgreen:

Oh well will have to have something else.

It is another very nice day - a bit colder than yesterday, but still sunny.

Hope all have a great day.
This morning I got 5 pieces of wings of fried chicken at Taco Bell for $6.99 (ouch) LOL I do remember frying chicken, but it's been years.

I loved Ovenfry, but hey no longer make the original one :|

I've been wanting some fried chicken for a while now.

It's not bad, needed a treat today.

IC