Guardian piece about US egg prices

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ohjodi

Re: Guardian piece about US egg prices

Post by ohjodi »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:37 pm I do not buy eggland eggs. My first choice is happy eggs brown eggs or nellies or vital farms. I like the yolks to be almost orangy. Right now those first two opetions are in the six dollar range where I am.

I am not going to stop buying healthy and or high protein food because of cost. I will buy them on sale when possible and I will adjust my budget when necessary but eggs are still a fairly low cost source of protein andhealthy fat.
Vital Farms eggs are fantastic. I can't get them, anymore, because Kroger decided to leave our town a few years ago.
ohjodi
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Wholesale egg prices have collapsed according to this story. I’m not surprised.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/07/wholesale-egg-prices-have-collapsed-from-record-highs-in-december.html
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:16 am I’m going to predict that a year from now (or sooner) eggs will be less than $3 a dozen.

Look at the price of chicken right now - very cheap.
I paid $2.27/dozen yesterday at Aldi.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:03 am I paid $2.27/dozen yesterday at Aldi.
Chicken and pork prices are reasonable. Westchester County has yet to see a decrease in the cost of eggs, but Rockland County in Aldis has to just under $3/doz.

A dozen eggs where I am ranges from $4.49 to $6.69 and that's just for size Large.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

OMG,
Oh how I wish I could provide eggs for all of you....my chickens are free range only feed them good stuff and the eggs are awesome...but I get way more than we can use. It's okay, I give some away and donate to the homeless shelter but would love to donate to y'all.
I have the best, friendliest hens and have seriously thought about bringing one in particular in to be a "house chicken". She just follows me and seeks me out, it's so cute.
JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I continue to buy the really good eggs which range from five fifty to seven bucks a dozen. I won't buy regular eggs. but for those who do, a dozen is around two fifty in my area.