Daily Check In January 27, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In January 27, 2023

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My trash is gathered and out. I didn’t have much I have 2 cartons I need to cut down. They are both too small to even think of saving.

I have a denim dress wash in the washer. I also have a white wash to do.

Penny
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

A little soon for an "update" but I wanted to share that we have not seen sunshine like this in I don't know how long! After days and days - maybe weeks - of gray and gloom, we have this bright, beautiful day - so thankful!

I am mostly taking it easy but I do have one load of laundry hung up and the second one washing.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Owned, I usually get a coffee and a biscuit at McDonald's after a fasting blood draw too. It's my reward for an unpleasant experience.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is a little chilly here also. Think we will hit 60 degrees. This weekend will be in the 70s and then get cold again. Hasn't been too bad. The sun has been shining.

Already had my coffee. The pups went out by 7:30. When Silent Pup wants to go out - I have to let them out. Not a pad user. The others use the pads all night it seems.

Good thing I got up early. My brother stopped by to leave some money. We all paid part of the parental house taxes and other brother had collected rent from nephew - so paid us what we paid. We were letting them live there free of charge for over a year, but now both have jobs etc - so figured a token amount to cover the taxes would be good.

Not sure what I will do today. Will play it by ear.

Have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:42 am Owned, I usually get a coffee and a biscuit at McDonald's after a fasting blood draw too. It's my reward for an unpleasant experience.
My sister is having blood drawn today also and says she doesn't know how she will survive without eating.

She gets up by 5 and has breakfast before heading out to work. This is her last semester. She will retire from teaching in June.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

My laundry is going. I emptied the dishwasher. Another quiet day. My team lead is ill and cancelled our 11:00 AM meeting. We expected to be overwhlemed with security reviews after the holidays, but that has not happened. The customer's IT security department is working on a policy for medical devices that come with dedicated workstations on how they can connect to the customer's network. I know one of my reviews is on hold for that.

I have all but given up on reading Where the crawdads Sing The main character's loneliness is hitting a nerve.

I just made arrangements to visit with DS1 and family Sunday evening for piza and wings before the football game.

Have a great day,
Maggie