Daily Check In January 27, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In January 27, 2023

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:29 am I admire that you are so consistent with your exercise and you do a lot of it!
I was just going to say the very same thing to Logics!!!!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Creative so good to hear from you! Please tell Janet I am thinking of her and wishing her well.

Up and getting stuff done, it is bright and sunny (Thank You God!) but very cold.
DD1 home from work with a heavy cold, everyone else at work.
I have the gas fireplace going in the sunroom, because if I sit for any length of time I get chilly. I don't want to set covered with a blanket because I have stuff to do. If I get too cozy I won't get up and get stuff done.
It is blustery windy and I have no reason to go anywhere so I guess that is a plus. The snow has gotten very crusty and hard, my chickens aren't moving much, too cold. I am getting a few eggs. :)

Off to get some dusting done and hopefully the floors. I will probably just vacuum them today and possibly clean them tomorrow. If I keep after the paw prints when the dogs come in, I can go longer between whole floor major cleaning.

I am feeling it in my lower back....wood hauling yesterday AM. But it will even out eventually. :roll:
Off to do something,
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Creative, it's so good to hear from you and about Janet. I am sorry you were all sick, but it's starting to look like there's no way to avoid getting a light case of one variant or another of the stuff.

Got the brownies made. Giving thought to icing them as they came out looking milk chocolatey instead of dark. The recipe calls for dark cocoa, but DS hates dark chocolate so I use regular baking cocoa.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I have more banana muffins in the oven. Thank goodness the kiddos enjoy them. I may never buy bananas again - but that got rid of the last of them. I will put some the freezer and let the kiddos know there are more for the taking.

I wanted to make a "depression" or "wacky" bunt cake as a sort of "thank you" to the kiddos for all the dog walking, dog brushing, shoveling, salting, car scraping, etc. they have been doing - but I don't have enough flour. So I added flour to the shopping list for February.

DD's SO just brought in the mail. I got a card from the realtor I bought this house from letting me know there is another house on the street for sale for $350,000 - WOA!!! I just laughed - I got this house for $60,000 - it was $69,000, then they came down to $65,000, then they said they would knock $5K off if they didn't have to clean out the garage, cellar, and closets which were full to the rafters of the treasures of some passed on relatives. Sure.

I think once the muffins come out of the oven I will have a hot shower and clean pajamas and perhaps watch a movie from the comfort of my bed. I have a good old fashioned chest and head cold - so not feeling too spry.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good afternoon. Did not go to quilt group and here it is two PM and I have not done alot.

I mean I have piddled on online and other things and made myn bed and picked up but not much else.

Going a little before five to the gourmet high cost seats only 20 people italian restaurant and had some thin mints for breakfast. So I am going to get up, do some things around this house and get some steps in and be constructve.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:29 am I admire that you are so consistent with your exercise and you do a lot of it!
Thanks. I have to stay on top of it though otherwise I'd be gaining weight rather than staying steady.