Daily Check In January 27, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 27, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Getting coffee back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In January 27, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. I woke up early and have given the dogs their medication. Had a bran muffin and coffee is at hand. Life is good!

This evening we have an outing with some college friends, so I am looking forward to that. For the day, I need to get medication refills at the veterinary's office and do a few house chores.

It's a cold, sunny day, so right now I am content to just enjoy the quiet. The pups are sleeping all around me on the rug -- so cute.

Hope you all have a really good day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I might actually struggle out for a bit of a walk today. The temperature isn't too bad right now and I do not hear any wind blowing over the roof. Tonight the temperature is going to fall, and it is supposed to get very cold at night, and daytime temperatures not much better. The low from Siberia is supposed to have arrived finally. Lucky us.

I have my usual Friday household tasks listed. I need to dust, vacuum, tidy the living room, and today I am going to work on clearing the linen closet shelves. Not a great deal needs doing. I may even add a few other items to the list. Who knows.

Keeping my hands busy doing my knitting. I have almost finished the second cake on this shawl/blanket. I should be adding the third ball at some point today.

Made my list of projects to finish (hopefully finish) next month and added a couple of new small ones I have been thinking about. I also need to work on the prototype of a face warmer for my friend who really suffered nerve damage to her face after being hit by a golf club. The cold causes her a great deal of pain and she loves to walk outside.

Looks as if my day is very well planned out once again. I had thought of going to pick up our allowances today but just do not feel like it. I also thought about getting Hubby's prescriptions but he has enough to last until next week after counting the pills. Those items have now been crossed off the tasks for today list. All that to say I am going to have another no spend day which makes me happy. It actually looks to be heading towards a full week of no spending on anything other than the bills I paid yesterday.

The grocery/shopping list I started making yesterday is going to be a long one however. I am seemingly running low on some of the household items I want to stock a years supply of all at the same time. I must not have realized how I was using items up so quickly.

Supper tonight is going to be a small tuna casserole. Serving it with some fried cabbage to get rid of the bit I have left in the crisper.

Today I am grateful for the peace of early morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Jackie and Mackie and everyone. I am not going to work today. I don't feel that bad, just have a cough and I would get sent home if I did go in. I will use the day to get a jump start on my weekend chores - laundry, changing bed linens, bill paying,plant care,cooking, etc.

It is a bright and beautiful day and the snow covering the ground and trees looks pretty. The dogs have been out a couple of times. Because I stay out there when Hope is out, I can testify that it is COLD.

I am going to hang a lot of laundry to dry in my bedroom today - hopefully that will bump up the humidity in there and I can get a good nap. I am off - Miss Lucy wants to go out again. It is almost that time when the dogs go back down for a nap - praise be!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It is a chilly morning here but sunny. It will stay “cold” all day - high of 62 F. I went to bed way after my normal bedtime after watching the skating but I slept well. Yesterday morning I decided to get rid of my alarm clock that makes an annoying tick, tick, tick noise. I enjoyed the total quiet last night! I looked at alarm clocks online but decided I don’t need one. I have my phone and can always set up this clock (which I’ll keep in the bathroom cabinet) if I need it.

I started sorting the new library puzzle last night and will continue that today and also read. I decided to wait until tomorrow on my sheets.

Have a good day everyone.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Waiting time for Jim to get here to take me for my 6 month blood work before my drs appointment for annual physical next week. It is at 330 and no way can I not eat all day. Their physical doesn’t amount to much more than a regular drs visit used to be. Mostly to see if you still have a memory. Passed last yr. Would have went earlier, but wanted to time it so McDonalds will be open when we get out. Haven’t had a hamburger in ages and they have a good special. Usually go next door to Cracker Barrell, but no today.