Daily Check In January 27, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In January 27, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

So haven't done much today - it is a grey day

I've been reading up about the Paul Pelosi attack. Watched the video. Awful.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:37 pm So haven't done much today - it is a grey day

I've been reading up about the Paul Pelosi attack. Watched the video. Awful.
Wasn't that video horrible.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I got all the household tasks completed and even went for a very careful and slow walk with my cleats on around the block. Quite enjoyable.

I did a bunch of small tasks that have been lingering. I cleaned out the linen closet, made some more of the calendar for the wall, and checked on how much extra I was getting on my pension and OAS, I am now just over $200.00 a month pension and almost at the $680 mark for OAS. Kind of nice. Hubby does much better with his pension as he worked longer and more fulltime years. He also made more so could pay in more. Still it could be tough to live on what our combined income is if we didn't have other savings.

I now have a stack of pillow cases and old sheets (why do I keep them) in the sewing/craft room. While the sheets can be used as backing for various quilting projects, if anyone has some ideas for the pillowcases I would be grateful. Sometimes as fast as I use things up more is added. Sighs, this is what happens when you don't want to waste or get rid of something that can be used.

I have added the last cake of yarn to the shawl/blanket, I think a couple of weeks and it will be completed. I have had to put it aside for awhile, mainly because the repetitive movement is causing my finger a bit of pain. It is locking up a little bit so it is time for a break and massage.

I decided that I am tired of cooking and deserve a spend night, so I am ordering pizza. Especially as I plan on doing major cooking tomorrow. Plan on making stock, perhaps a curry to portion out and freeze. I might even consider making meat sauce for spaghetti. I have never done this before really so wish me luck.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:18 pm Wasn't that video horrible.
It was brutal. He could have been killed. Very lucky.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I have stayed so busy today! It was only partially intentional. DD and her SO took the dogs on a long walk around 3:00 to take advantage of the free vitamin D. I took advantage of the dog-free time to put all clean sheets and blankets on my bed. The dogs like to "help" me with that job if they are here.

I made muffins and a homemade tomato soup with cabbage, onions, carrot that turned out to be quite amazing in my (not so) humble opinion.

I started taking apart a quilt that has seen better days. I think the Amish lady that my parents have befriended may be able to use the top piece for her thrift store. It turns out this is a Better Homes and Gardens quilt from Walmart - and un-assembling it is harder than I anticipated - to be continued tomorrow.

I have washed a lot of dishes today - I wash them as I cook - and cleaned out my baking cupboard and wiped it out with hot bleach water. I didn't have any more shelf liner so I cut up some brown paper bags to line the cupboard.

I am off to FINALLY get in the shower and yayyyyy - I can take more Mucinex !! I feel absolutely wretched so maybe those two things will help.

DD and her SO are out with all the dogs again. Then they are going grocery shopping and bringing me some (store brand) Fritos - that will make me feel better. 8-) They will be excellent with my soup.

I hope you all are well and have had a Fabulous Frugal Friday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I got everything done and took a short walk. Just up and down the lane but it had warmed up enough that it was comfortable but the ice under foot was not easy :roll:
I had a repeat of last night's supper for tonight.
Nothing else to report. I am kind of boring LOL
JCKitty