Daily Check In - 28 January 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

Re: Daily Check In - 28 January 2023

Post by icfrugal2 »

itspennyc wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:26 pm I have washed my hair, stripped the bed and now sheets are in the dryer, mattress pad is in the washer. it was a fight to get the clean mattress pad onto the mattress. I am not washing the quilt this week. I still need to finish making the bed.

I have finished loading and set off the dishwasher.

All this before breakfast left me exhausted.

A granddaughter has Covid, she went to the ER last night because she couldn’t breath.

Breakfast was cold cereal, I have a lot I still want to do today.

Penny
Oh Penny, how frightening for you about your granddaughter, prayers for your family.

IC
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Oh dear - I have dozed off and on (more on) for the entire day - under the guise of "doing a crossword puzzle" or "reading". I'm trying not to fret about it - I must have needed the extra rest. I am thankful I woke up before dark - it would have panicked me to go to sleep in daylight and wake up in the dark - I have been that way my whole life. Weird, I know.

I did get up in the 2:00 p.m. hour and get a big bowl of cereal (blueberry Chex) then went back to sleep.

DD and her SO have taken my dogs and theirs on a VERY long walk since it has been such a nice day (that I slept away) and I did get my dishes washed. The beans are still cooking on low in the slow cooker - not done yet. DD said she added a couple cups more water to them. I didn't even hear her out here and my bedroom is right off the kitchen.

Supper will be more homemade soup - I just have to warm it up. I will cool and refrigerate the beans once they are done, there will be no making of chili or veggie burgers tonight. I hope you all have a good evening.

Penny, I hope your granddaughter will be all well very soon.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

PennyC

Hope your granddaughter recovers.

By the way did you see that they identified the remains of the lady that was missing from the flea market on the southside. Disappeared over 6 years ago.

Some dove hunters found a skull in an area about 3000 yards from there. They just now confirmed that it was her

The poor lady had Alzheimer's. She somehow got separated from her husband and wandered off. Lots of open land out there and also a creek. Her purse was found two years ago. Her family can have closure now. But still very sad.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

So Thursday we took BB in for her surgery, taking the growth off of her lip.

We got her back around 5pm.

she is on 4 pills twice a day.

wearing the lampshade of course.

she ate well yesterday but didn't finish her breakfast this morning.

she is going for her walks but hasn't gone yet, but she isn't straining, and I was told to look for straining.

so so far so good.

IC
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Boy! It *is* cold out there today! I just got home from a trek to Safeway and am now under my electric throw and hoping to warm up. If it isn't soon? I'm going to make coffee!

I got up early and came out to watch some news but fell asleep in my recliner for another 2.5 hours. It was GREAT! I could use another sleep like that!

I got the dishwasher unloaded and have more stuff to put in it tonight after supper. Also gathered up a bag of garbage to take out and drive up the big hill. I'll hopefully get the rest of the dishes in there tonight and run it again.

I made up my list to go and get at Safeway with my Gift Card. BUT when I got outside and into the cold, I decided I didn't want to haul in canned goods today so I only got the stuff to make my beef stew and some snacks for tomorrows NFL Divisional Championship Games to see who goes to the Super Bowl. I also picked-up some Sesame Oil because they had it in stock again, got some items towards making stuffed peppers but will go get the rest of it (the canned tomatoes) another day. Yesterday, I FINALLY made it to the Food Rescue Store. I got a couple of concentrated boxes of Starbucks Juice that you add water too. It sounds really good and I won't need pop for tomorrow's games. I also got two bags each of potato patties and waffle fries. Only $3.00/each for a commercial size bag. That's a REALLY good price! They also had big containers of cleaning wipes that disinfect for bacteria and viruses for $2.50 for 100 sheets. That was also a good price. I got a couple of green peppers too. It was a good couple of days of shopping. I won't be going out tomorrow so all the spending in the last two days will last me a long time! Oh, I also stopped and put in $40 of gas. That pretty much takes care of this month's check but I'm all stocked up and have enough left over for the few things I will need to make other dinners.

I'll get the dishwasher loaded and run tonight, positive on that! Then? some monkeying around in the kitchen and then back to the news/TV shows.

Penny,
I hope they were able to give your Granddaughter something to help her with her breathing. I hope she will be getting better from here on out.

That's the full skinny from here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MJ

Who do you think will win tomorrow?

I'm thinking Bengals for the AFC

Eagles for the NFC.