Daily Check In January 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In January 29, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

Happy belated check in. I have just been chilling out here and going online and so on. It's 39 and sleety which puts this here wimp in the house for today and tomorrow, no questions, lol.

It's actually going to be rotten around here until Thursday, so I will double check if I need a delivery before I would do my groceries but I think not. I have beef to make stroganoof, two kinds of chicken and so on.

I did watch church online this morning. I don't do it too often but today was one of those days for sure. I do enjoy going in person and try to do so at least every other week if only because it and coffee hour afterward and so on are one of my major social things. We have started talking about next year's bazaar!!

I have beed (blessedly) not sick for quite awhile here -covid, flu, cold, whatever- but it occurs to me that the only things in my medicine cabinet are musinex, alcohol, antibiotic ointments and bandaids and I should probably pick up a few things in case something visits. I always have aspirin and tylenol.

I am getting ready to thaw chili in the freezer (I have sour cream and can either make cornbread or have some of those pillsbury cornbread swirls) for dinner while I watch the games. At this point I don't have a horse in this race as such but would like to see Cinci beat Kansas City.

Need to do an hours worth of moving around before I return to my under the blankets in recliner postion and turn on the tV.

Florida do you have the starbucks app? I love their hot chocolate and teas and have been thinking about getting it and or asking for a reloadable card.

I forgot that both kids have birthdays in February for five minutes so need to think about that.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We are at 76 degrees here! The sun is out and it is beautiful out there!

My brother in the DFW area says they are at 36!

I told him to keep that weather up there. But you know it will be here tomorrow!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have not been outside today, but it had not hit 45 degrees earlier. The ground is so wet that I decided not to bathe the dogs. The oldest one has a vet appointment tomorrow, so I brushed her good while DH held her and brushed some baby powder through her ear feathers to get the oil out of them and make her smell good. She tooks really nice.

While doing beauty treatments, I cut DH's hair, which was long over due. :-D also dug in the freezer for some beef I know will be tough and flavorless as a boot and will cook that for the dogs. Back in the fall the beef and pork that kept going on special had not a speck of fat on it and it takes jaws like a bear to chew it. But it makes great supplementary dog food when ground up in the food processor and added to rice, green beans and some of the free pumpkin I froze.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I made it to Family Dollar. Got the store brand of medicine - it is EXACTLY the same as the Walgreen's store brand which is EXACTLY the same as the Mucinex brand - go figure. Got dish soap for several months (90 oz. bottle) and laundry soap for the year (Ariel powder 144 load size - I get 3x that because I just use 1 tablespoon per load) - I can't make it that cheap.

Got more coffee - there was a coupon on the app for $3 off Maxwell House, making it cheaper than the store brand. Also had a $2 coupon off a $10 purchase of medicine - I spent $13 on that. I also had a $5 off $25 coupon to use so I picked up some more dog treats and dry and canned cat food. Ended up spending $67 and change for an original purchase of $77 and change.

Everything is so freaking expensive!!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Even though the sun is out, shining brightly in my front window and nicely heating the inside of my house, it is darn cold outside. So nice not to have to go anywhere or do anything really.

I did make up my household task list for next week, and cleaned the outside of the fridge. The inside will be done over Monday and Tuesday.

Sat and knit for a bit, and put the roast in the oven. I am tempted to make a spice cake so we can have hot caramel sauce over it, but there is still just a few things left from the Christmas baking.

Harvey is watching football, and I am watching Snow Girl on Netflix. I needed a break from knitting (finger starting to lock up a bit) but will get a cup of tea and start up again once I catch up with all of you.

Off to read more of the forum.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:38 pm I made it to Family Dollar. Got the store brand of medicine - it is EXACTLY the same as the Walgreen's store brand which is EXACTLY the same as the Mucinex brand - go figure. Got dish soap for several months (90 oz. bottle) and laundry soap for the year (Ariel powder 144 load size - I get 3x that because I just use 1 tablespoon per load) - I can't make it that cheap.

Got more coffee - there was a coupon on the app for $3 off Maxwell House, making it cheaper than the store brand. Also had a $2 coupon off a $10 purchase of medicine - I spent $13 on that. I also had a $5 off $25 coupon to use so I picked up some more dog treats and dry and canned cat food. Ended up spending $67 and change for an original purchase of $77 and change.

Everything is so freaking expensive!!!
You did really well working the deals. That's the only thing that makes shopping bearable lately.

Any time I see a deal on cat food, I jump on it. It was hard to get for so long. I can cook for the dogs, but the cats want their canned food and Temptations.
Mackie