Daily Check In January 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In January 29, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

The dogs and their people are back from a very long walk. My Beagle/Basset mix dog is very low to the ground and was a muddy mess - DD got her cleaned up and then I wiped up the back hallway floor - all that dirt and mud off one little dog!! It is DD's dog's birthday - 9 years old - so all the dogs are getting some chicken.

I have my bed turned down and the heating pad on where my feet will be. I'm going to settle in and watch something till time for more medicine at 7:30.

My chili turned out really good. I have two lunch portions packed and two dinner portions in the freezer plus I had some for supper today and DD and her SO both had some.

I guess that is it for now. I hope everyone has had a good weekend.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Listening to Chiefs and Bengals game. Not going good for the Bengals. That was who I wanted to win.

Oh well.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:43 pm Listening to Chiefs and Bengals game. Not going good for the Bengals. That was who I wanted to win.

Oh well.
The game is streaming live on YouTube. I'm not a big fan of any sports but was listening while working on my crossword puzzles.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:59 pm The game is streaming live on YouTube. I'm not a big fan of any sports but was listening while working on my crossword puzzles.
I have it on my TV and just listen while I do other things.

Much closer game than that other one. Nail biter. They are now tied.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:08 pm So much for my plans for today. The chili is cooking but I put the beans for the veggie burgers into the freezer. I am just too tired and worn out to do very much today. In fact, I am back under my warm blankets with two sleeping dogs and I'm not sorry.

When I get up again I will get ready and go get more medicine. Since I have to go out for the medicine, I may as well get the household things I will be needing soon. How many times am I going to change my mind???

I will also get my lunch packed for tomorrow and my clothes ready, etc. - but first - a good snooze.
I think you still need to take it easy. Sounds like you are not completely well yet.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:43 pm Listening to Chiefs and Bengals game. Not going good for the Bengals. That was who I wanted to win.

Oh well.
I don't know how this is going to turn out in the second half but the Bengals just tied the game up. I think they are making too many unforced penalties and losing ground that way. Mahomes has just had his ankle hurt and was limping off the field. He may power through it.

I was sad to see Brock Purdy out of the game with the Eagles on their first drive of the game. Someone hit his elbow and that was it for him for a while. They worked on him on the bench. The FOURTH string QB went in to cover because Purdy was out. Well, then he got smacked really good and was out with a concussion. They put Brock Purdy back in but he wasn't really able to pass and they lost because they could only run a rushing game. I think if Purdy hadn't have been injured it might have been a much better game to watch.

We will see who will be in the Super Bowl with the Eagles. The Bengals or the Chiefs?? I'm hoping for the Bengals!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.