Daily Check In January 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In January 29, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I struggled with sleep last night. I was anticipating heartburn after eating Pizza about 7 PM. But I was up late enough and drank ice tea (Ah ha!) so no stomach problems. My Fit Bit says I got 5 1/2 hours of sleep. It is rainy here, and in the low 40's (F). I may catch a nap. Or go to Sam's club.

This evening I will go to DS1's for pizza and wings before the game. I volunteered to place an order for wings at a wing joint and pick them up on my way to their house. We will root for the hometown Bengals. I expect the grands to be wound up, encourage by kids at school as well as their Dad. DDIL's family has root is Pittsburg and they are Steeler's fan but will root for the Bengal's when no Steelers are about. I admit to being a fair-weather Pro football fan. I prefer College and High School.

Have a great day and "Who Dey!"
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:20 am Clem, I still say I need a COD, lol.
Yea he has his good points. But can also be a pain.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

It's great that the COD is taking his diet seriously, Clem.

DH asked me to teach him how to give Lily Dog her cardiac meds early in the morning when he gets up, as she does better on that schedule, so that went well this morning.

I slept like the dead last night. The meal I had at the restaurant was light and healthy, but salty for me, so I will be drinking a lot of water today. It is impossible to eat a low-salt meal at a restaurant unless one just eats plain green salad.

Today I need to think up something for supper that makes lots of yummy leftovers and do Sunday chores. It's overcast, so no sewing today.

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

So much for my plans for today. The chili is cooking but I put the beans for the veggie burgers into the freezer. I am just too tired and worn out to do very much today. In fact, I am back under my warm blankets with two sleeping dogs and I'm not sorry.

When I get up again I will get ready and go get more medicine. Since I have to go out for the medicine, I may as well get the household things I will be needing soon. How many times am I going to change my mind???

I will also get my lunch packed for tomorrow and my clothes ready, etc. - but first - a good snooze.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from my walk returning the dvd. It was OK but I did not like crossing that major road at all. There is a walk light and I made it across fine walking fairly fast but I know people (including me) turn right on red so I was watching for that. It is much better to walk in my own little area or the subdivision behind me.

Friend called about meeting at Starbucks so I’ll leave to meet her soon. I now have enough $$ on my Starbucks card so no out of pocket. We were going to meet on Tuesday at a local coffee shop but she wants to go with her DH to the doctor. That works out better for me because I’d probably spend $4 at the local coffee shop plus I can better time my visit to the tropical garden.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I had a good night last night, went to bed early for me on a Saturday night. I did get up and sleep some in my recliner though.

I am cheering for Brock Purdy of the 49ers against the Eagles and then tonight? Joe Burrow of the Bengals vs Patrick Mahomes of the Chiefs. It's going to be a good afternoon and evening.

I did some dinkin' around in the kitchen this morning. I am going to take a shower and then mix-up some of the Starbucks Drink Mix I got at the Food Rescue Store so that I can have that during the game with my chips! Gotta have some snacks during the game. :mrgreen:

I thought I'd throw in some laundry but I just don't have enough to take the time to do it so I can wait until later in the week. I have my little Charlee girl pencilled in for this upcoming weekend. I'll find out sometime during the week if I should pen her in. I hope I get to pen her in. I miss the little squeak and DIVA!

I will gather up some more garbage and get a black garbage bag out for that. I am getting more and more stuff out of here that isn't worthy of donating anyplace. Seems like I'm not making a difference though! LOL

Well, I best get in that shower before the first game starts and I have to mix up my chip dip (sour cream and onion soup mix. saves me $4.00 off of buying "real" chip dip!).

Have a great day and enjoy the football! Best of luck to all the teams and let's hope there are no injuries!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.