Daily Check In January 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 29, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get my coffee. See you all again soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 29, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Still a bone chilling temperature here with the windchill factored in. It is definitely a stay home day again, though I may try a bit of a walk (bundled up of course). It is also pretty icy I found on my little walk yesterday. I had to walk very slowly as I decided to wear boots instead of my shoes with cleats.

Not much happening here today. I have still a bit of tidying to accomplish (take jars and such down to the basement) and pick up the weeks main courses to bring back upstairs and put in the fridge freezer. In looking at my upcoming menu for the week, I really only need bring up the roast for today and some sausage for later in the week...mind you I might forego the sausage and use up some more frozen cooked meat from the freezer in the fridge. Something to think about as I plan to already use a few things in the upcoming week's menus.

The only other item on my list is to make next week's daily task lists. Soooo, I may clean the fridge today as well. That would mean no extra chores for the rest of the month. It also means more time to work on projects for the rest of this month.

Hubby and I talked and starting next month we will go to in person Mass, taking reasonable precautions (from the looks of the church there really are not many people attending, and I think it could be because the priest is beginning to drive parishioners away). I don't know how my back will take the length of time sitting in a hard pew, but we shall give it a try.

After all the cooking happening here yesterday it will be nice to have a bit of a break. I will just be throwing a roast in the oven, and adding potatoes and carrots to the pan when their time arrives. Easy meal prep.

Today I am grateful that I gave big batch cooking a try. Now whether or not I will do so again is another story entirely.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. Jackie, I wish I could plan things out as well as you do!

The sun has not appeared yet this morning and I am thinking it may not today. I was awake around 5:30 when I heard my neighbor out on his porch feeding cats. I didn't really sleep after that but stayed in bed, nice and cozy under the covers, until after 7:00. Dogs have been out and had their breakfast.

I need to make a run out for more Mucinex today. I am debating whether to go to Family Dollar for some household items that are running low - or wait until February. Is it "cheating" if you go at the end of the month and put the expense on the following month? :?:

I am continuing to feel better - the lingering cough is annoying. Plans for the day include turning cooked beans into chili and veggie burgers and doing a general cleaning (dust, vacuum, wipe down surfaces). Plus that pesky errand - not so bad actually - it is just up the street.

I am off for more coffee and some breakfast. Have a good day everyone - stay warm!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I too am up early. Silent Pup started pawing the floor, so I knew he had to go out. Took them all out at about 6:30. I got back in bed, but eh - I was craving coffee. So here I am.

Going to get some beans started in a bit. I want some yummy beans and vermicelli to munch on while listening to the games.

It is not cold today, so I was too warm in bed. The fleece pajamas were too hot. Had to take off my socks and I felt better. We might get to 70 today. It is still drizzly out there and foggy. Tomorrow should cool down again.

Hope all have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beans are in the crockpot

Still very grey and dreary out there. After 8 and still no real daylight. Hope it clears a little.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

UGH, not a lot of progress made here. Chili is going in the slow cooker and I have eaten breakfast and washed dishes. Got my garbage ready for the kiddos to take out when they take theirs. That is it.

I am not in a hurry to get to the store - I may even postpone it as I have enough stuff to get buy another few days - then it will really be February - I think that plan makes the most sense.

Off to gather ingredients for the veggie burgers - I seem to be going one step at a time today - very slowly - I guess I am still not feeling quite up to par.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz