Daily Check-in January 30, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in January 30, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:33 pm Why does your hubby think that? From what I have read on other forums, Canada has good elder care services that allow you to stay in your home.

But I understand. There is no way I would want to stay here and have to take care of this old house.
Not too sure why he would come out with that, but I think it might have to do with yard work, upkeep of the house and snow removal. Perhaps he is just tired of keeping things up. Of course he could change his mind come spring, but I do plan on trying to get a bit more downsized over the next few months. He better do so as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good heavens, Jackie. If he's serious, the best thing to do would be to move to the same city as one of your sons, probably the younger one, and find a one-level house with a workshop for him and a sewing room for you. Then hire a company to cut the grass and clean the gutters and windows. But do it while you can still get around and enjoy the house.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I actually think it sounds like he is planning ahead and that's a good thing. He knows what he feels like now and probably has an idea of how he'll feel thing. Much better than "O crap, I can't go down those stairs again, we have to move next summer".

Without knowing what is available in Canada, I would move close to one of your two kids, find a small house that had a decent yard or that allowed you to make a man shed in the back instead of a she shed so he can still putter and have a small garden.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:00 pm Good heavens, Jackie. If he's serious, the best thing to do would be to move to the same city as one of your sons, probably the younger one, and find a one-level house with a workshop for him and a sewing room for you. Then hire a company to cut the grass and clean the gutters and windows. But do it while you can still get around and enjoy the house.
Yes I think we would move to Regina (just talked to Hubby about it). I would prefer a small home on one level with enough room for the boys to visit. I am sure youngest would help out with the mowing and other yard work (and actually I could probably do that as well). He says he is thinking about me, as when he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart he was told he could live until 75 (he is 72) and he wants to make sure I am okay. I do have a feeling he will live much longer but one never knows. We will see what happens.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening friends. Jackie, perhaps your hubby is fretting about one thing or another and is just "thinking out loud" about your options for the future.

Well,I went to the doctor today. I have a sinus infection, bronchitis, and pleurisy (that is extremely painful). He said I am not likely contagious and can keep working. He prescribed a Z-Pak, Prednisone (much stronger dosage this time), a different rescue inhaler and plenty of clear liquids and rest.

Now how I'm supposed to get plenty of rest while working is anybody's guess but I'll try, lol. I started to tell my boss that I thought only "old people" got pleurisy - then - OOPS - I figured I must be old. He said he thought that was a disease from the 1800's that didn't exist anymore.

Other than THAT awful bit of news, it was a decent day - I had a lot of needy coworkers this morning, got them all helped before calling the doctor. We have had snow flurries all day and it has turned much colder. The kiddos are taking the dogs for their walk and they all have their matching green sweaters on (the dogs not the kiddos, lol).

The soup I had for supper did not touch how hungry I am so off to get something else to eat while the dogs are gone.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update;

Car delivered to shop and picked up and brought home by DD2. I sent roast beef, potatoes and carrots home with her.

It is very cold, yes it could be worse but I hope it doesn't turn colder.
House chores are done but I do have the sunroom to finish running the floor cleaner, might wait till tomorrow. Since I will be stuck at home I will hopefully clear coat my dragonfly components in prep for assembling. IF my car was home I wouldn't be going anywhere, It's just the idea LOL.

Jackie, maybe you need to have a serious conversation with your hubby. Find out what brought this on. It could be the winter blahs? or does he think the two of you work too hard and don't enjoy yourselves because of how much you need to do? Sometimes I look at my to-do list and realize I am doing something because it's "Tuesday" not because it really needs done.
BBQ pork for supper along with salad and I might add some corn to the plate. BBQ pork is another of those things that is " the gift that just keeps giving" :roll: I really didn't make much but it takes forever to get it eaten.

I received my new battery for the robo-vac and have installed it, it is on the charger for use tomorrow.

I kept 2 small servings of beef, potatoes and carrots for here, it will be for tomorrow.

By the next time I do a grocery shop I will be out of oranges, these were so good. I hope I can find them again. I have also been thinking about some Texas ruby red grapefruit. I love them!
Off to eat and then putter around.
JCKitty