Daily Check-in January 30, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in January 30, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:34 pm Yes I think we would move to Regina (just talked to Hubby about it). I would prefer a small home on one level with enough room for the boys to visit. I am sure youngest would help out with the mowing and other yard work (and actually I could probably do that as well). He says he is thinking about me, as when he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart he was told he could live until 75 (he is 72) and he wants to make sure I am okay. I do have a feeling he will live much longer but one never knows. We will see what happens.
Oh yea - the COD had a heart attack last year. Had three stents. He is 76. Doing good - knock on wood. Follows his diet and doctors orders. He is always out and about. Now I do get others to do the yard work.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:34 pm Yes I think we would move to Regina (just talked to Hubby about it). I would prefer a small home on one level with enough room for the boys to visit. I am sure youngest would help out with the mowing and other yard work (and actually I could probably do that as well). He says he is thinking about me, as when he was diagnosed with an enlarged heart he was told he could live until 75 (he is 72) and he wants to make sure I am okay. I do have a feeling he will live much longer but one never knows. We will see what happens.
Jackie, the other day when you were going to have an all-day cooking marathon, you said your DH asked you if something was wrong that you had not told him about. You said No, but maybe DH thinks you do have an illness that you are keeping to yourself. I agree with others who have said you need to sit down and ask him what brought on this idea.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:42 pm Good evening friends. Jackie, perhaps your hubby is fretting about one thing or another and is just "thinking out loud" about your options for the future.

Well,I went to the doctor today. I have a sinus infection, bronchitis, and pleurisy (that is extremely painful). He said I am not likely contagious and can keep working. He prescribed a Z-Pak, Prednisone (much stronger dosage this time), a different rescue inhaler and plenty of clear liquids and rest.

Now how I'm supposed to get plenty of rest while working is anybody's guess but I'll try, lol. I started to tell my boss that I thought only "old people" got pleurisy - then - OOPS - I figured I must be old. He said he thought that was a disease from the 1800's that didn't exist anymore.

Other than THAT awful bit of news, it was a decent day - I had a lot of needy coworkers this morning, got them all helped before calling the doctor. We have had snow flurries all day and it has turned much colder. The kiddos are taking the dogs for their walk and they all have their matching green sweaters on (the dogs not the kiddos, lol).

The soup I had for supper did not touch how hungry I am so off to get something else to eat while the dogs are gone.
You take care and rest when you can. Even though the doctor said you can go to work, use your sick leave if it gets too much for you. Maybe already have in your mind taking off on Friday if not before. I spoke with cousin in RI last week and it sounds like what he has is similar. He called it sinusitis with a bad cough.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:42 pm Good evening friends. Jackie, perhaps your hubby is fretting about one thing or another and is just "thinking out loud" about your options for the future.

Well,I went to the doctor today. I have a sinus infection, bronchitis, and pleurisy (that is extremely painful). He said I am not likely contagious and can keep working. He prescribed a Z-Pak, Prednisone (much stronger dosage this time), a different rescue inhaler and plenty of clear liquids and rest.

Now how I'm supposed to get plenty of rest while working is anybody's guess but I'll try, lol. I started to tell my boss that I thought only "old people" got pleurisy - then - OOPS - I figured I must be old. He said he thought that was a disease from the 1800's that didn't exist anymore.

Other than THAT awful bit of news, it was a decent day - I had a lot of needy coworkers this morning, got them all helped before calling the doctor. We have had snow flurries all day and it has turned much colder. The kiddos are taking the dogs for their walk and they all have their matching green sweaters on (the dogs not the kiddos, lol).

The soup I had for supper did not touch how hungry I am so off to get something else to eat while the dogs are gone.
HappyDaze, it's a wonder you were doing as well as you did over the weekend. That is plenty sick, sweetie. No wonder you needed to sleep so much.

My DH has has pleurisy before. It's very painful.
Mackie
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Everyone was home today - clinicals and college classes were cancelled due to winter weather. We had a combo of thunder, lightning, and... all I can think of that's properly descriptive is "frozen BBs of water." It wasn't sleet, it wasn't hail. Solid rain? DS went out to get some, if it didn't melt it would have made beautiful "gravel" for the bottom of a fish tank. Clear round frozen balls.

Everywhere. Even the guys in the big trucks had a time today, one of our neighbors is stuck at the bottom of his driveway, he thought he was leaving and didn't get far, then couldn't get back up the driveway. The mail carriers, Amazon, UPS, etc., didn't make their rounds today. Even the dog will only go out if you force the issue (forcing the issue = DH going out; she'll go anywhere if he's there first, LOL). They've already cancelled everything for tomorrow, too.

Cool having both kids home for the day. DD will have to decide about work tomorrow.... who would put in a grocery order? If you do that, you have to go risk your life to pick it up! :?

Shingles are still...shingling. Horrible feeling. Couldn't sleep last night. Every nerve on one side is just on constant "bzzzz..." Wild stuff. Makes me just a little testy when people do silly things, and some of the clients I deal with at work are silly; they fail to think things through then they're surprised at outcomes. I'm not being snappy (though I think those thoughts) :lol:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:05 pm HappyDaze, it's a wonder you were doing as well as you did over the weekend. That is plenty sick, sweetie. No wonder you needed to sleep so much.

My DH has has pleurisy before. It's very painful.
I had to look up pleurisy. I had only read about it as a disease from years ago

Take care Sheila!!