Daily Check-in January 30, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in January 30, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I am taking it very easy as I don't want to end up in the hospital - which my doctor did hint will be a possibility if rest, liquids and meds don't work. His words were "sometimes we end up having to treat this in the hospital."

I can't lift my Beagle/Basset up onto the bed - DD has been texted twice for that. Hopefully the dog is asleep for the night now. The kiddos said to text or call them if the dogs have to go out in the night - which I will because I absolutely can NOT do it. They should be fine though as they have had two long walks this evening.

The kiddos brought me a nice little assortment of treats from Dollar Tree - now the last thing I should be doing is lounging in bed eating candy - but ohhhhhh, it is yummy - they got me Dots which are my favorite - and chocolate.

As much as it hurts to move, unfortunately nobody else can go to the restroom for me so that must be done and I will try to get some sleep. The prednisone and Mucinex seem to be helping - hopefully the antibiotic is in there doing its thing too.

I have the heat up too high so will turn that back and pull up the blankets. Wishing you all a good night.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I posted earlier but it disappeared.
Sheila...hope you feel MUCH better soon. I don't know how you can go to work..you need to really rest!
Mackie...hate that your DH was exposed.
Jackie..well..you and your DH have a lot to think about!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:34 pm Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I am taking it very easy as I don't want to end up in the hospital - which my doctor did hint will be a possibility if rest, liquids and meds don't work. His words were "sometimes we end up having to treat this in the hospital."

I can't lift my Beagle/Basset up onto the bed - DD has been texted twice for that. Hopefully the dog is asleep for the night now. The kiddos said to text or call them if the dogs have to go out in the night - which I will because I absolutely can NOT do it. They should be fine though as they have had two long walks this evening.

The kiddos brought me a nice little assortment of treats from Dollar Tree - now the last thing I should be doing is lounging in bed eating candy - but ohhhhhh, it is yummy - they got me Dots which are my favorite - and chocolate.

As much as it hurts to move, unfortunately nobody else can go to the restroom for me so that must be done and I will try to get some sleep. The prednisone and Mucinex seem to be helping - hopefully the antibiotic is in there doing its thing too.

I have the heat up too high so will turn that back and pull up the blankets. Wishing you all a good night.
I don't know Miss Sheila - a stay in the hospital might be a good thing? Get some rest.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Sheila, my son is what I call a recovering asthmatic. He had severe, very severe asthma from infancy with more hospital visits than I can say. He outgrew it in late high school, but EVERYTHING turns into what you have or pneumonia in one of his lungs which is so very painful to recover from.

Please consider getting lots of rest, make sure you drink all the things and if the doctor says hospital, go. You will be better for it.

Jackie, it sounds your husband has been thinking about this for awhile.

MJ, I honestly might have just said to her "I'm not confortable doing that" re the recommendation and left it at that. You have done what was right.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, you did the right thing. That poor woman needs services, not to try to be providing them.

I hope you rest well tonight, HappyDaze, and Sandi feels better and things thaw out there.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:34 pm Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I am taking it very easy as I don't want to end up in the hospital - which my doctor did hint will be a possibility if rest, liquids and meds don't work. His words were "sometimes we end up having to treat this in the hospital."

Oh my. Happy, please do take care of yourself. Trying to deal with all of that has to be draining.