Daily Check In January 31, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In January 31, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:19 pm I’m home from Sunken Gardens and enjoyed it. I can’t say that the plants are ones I don’t see all the time, including in mom’s yard, but landscaped all together the gardens are beautiful. I enjoyed seeing the parrots and the flamingoes. They have renovated the original gardens entrance (small, Mediterranean-style building) as a history area. As I was looking at the photos and videos, a lady said, “That’s me” in one of the photos. It turned out that she is the granddaughter of the gardens founder and now works as a volunteer docent. I really enjoyed chatting with her about “the old days” in our area.

I came home for lunch and then went to Aldi. I had hoped that because today is Tuesday and the new ad starts tomorrow that it wouldn’t be as crowded. I was wrong! It was very crowded. I wore my mask (and only saw one other lady wearing one.) I got my two cartons of soy milk, produce, 12 grain bread ($2.09, not as high as I expected), paper towels and tissues. I almost got sucked into the Valentines aisle but I turned around. Groceries for the month now total $221.47 so still not bad.
We have a Sunken Gardens in San Antonio. Very nice - little stone bridges with water flowing. They also have a ski lift type ride - forget the real name. Haven't been to it in years.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:30 pm We have a Sunken Gardens in San Antonio. Very nice - little stone bridges with water flowing. They also have a ski lift type ride - forget the real name. Haven't been to it in years.
There are nearby places that people who live in the area don’t visit or don’t visit very often. I’ve decided to play tourist and visit or revisit places in my local area. When I lived just outside of D.C. I met many local people who had never visited the White House or Capitol.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I just lined up the guy who cuts the lawn to take care of the leaves when they all come down (March, I think). I’m SO glad! That is one yard job I just don’t like.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:35 pm There are nearby places that people who live in the area don’t visit or don’t visit very often. I’ve decided to play tourist and visit or revisit places in my local area. When I lived just outside of D.C. I met many local people who had never visited the White House or Capitol.
My niece is the art teacher here in our small town and she has an art club. She says that lots of the kids have never been to parts of the city. So she will set up trips for them and take them to museums, even the Riverwalk and the large mall there - just so they can experience different things.

Growing up my oldest sister moved to the city right out of high school. She would come down here and get us to spend the weekend with her. She would take us all over the place.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

GOOD MORNING

so far so good today

usual morning things today.

Dogs walked, dogs fed.

BB is better, she is pooping 8-) and yesterday she went back to eating kibbles, her sisters' kibbles, but I', taking that as it doesn't hurt to chew.

took DH to taco bell, and while he was eating I walked to the Dollar Tree $1.25 tree :roll: Since they raised their prices there are not only fewer things to pick from and small products.

I got a note book, I want to keep track of what we are using electric wise

When the pool is on when I'm using the dishwasher etc.

IC
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by clemencia2us » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:30 pm

floridacatlover wrote: ↑Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:19 pm
I’m home from Sunken Gardens and enjoyed it. I can’t say that the plants are ones I don’t see all the time, including in mom’s yard, but landscaped all together the gardens are beautiful. I enjoyed seeing the parrots and the flamingoes. They have renovated the original gardens entrance (small, Mediterranean-style building) as a history area. As I was looking at the photos and videos, a lady said, “That’s me” in one of the photos. It turned out that she is the granddaughter of the gardens founder and now works as a volunteer docent. I really enjoyed chatting with her about “the old days” in our area.

I came home for lunch and then went to Aldi. I had hoped that because today is Tuesday and the new ad starts tomorrow that it wouldn’t be as crowded. I was wrong! It was very crowded. I wore my mask (and only saw one other lady wearing one.) I got my two cartons of soy milk, produce, 12 grain bread ($2.09, not as high as I expected), paper towels and tissues. I almost got sucked into the Valentines aisle but I turned around. Groceries for the month now total $221.47 so still not bad.
We have a Sunken Gardens in San Antonio. Very nice - little stone bridges with water flowing. They also have a ski lift type ride - forget the real name. Haven't been to it in years.
The sky ride was closed years ago, and the gondolas sold.

Penny