Daily Check In January 31, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative2

Re: Daily Check In January 31, 2023

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

It’s extremely cold here as well and we’re still under a cold weather advisory. Dd2 had a ride to work as it was -42 C with the wind chill factor. Car started beautifully with the block heater plugged in.

Dh and I played musical beds today as we had a new mattress and box spring delivered for our master bedroom on the second floor. The old mattress was moved to the basement guest room . The mattress down there is being trashed and the old double head board, foot board and frame was collected by Habitat for Humanity. So a lot of logistics involved, and some mad cleaning and dusting as well. The master bedroom is all set up but I will need to buy some new deep pocket sheets as my existing ones don’t quite cover. The delivery process went seamlessly and they hauled the mattress and box spring to the basement without any issues. It was written up in the delivery notice though and they also hauled away the old mattress and box spring, which we had paid a disposal fee for. The guest bedroom will be set up tomorrow. Dh has to install the new frame to accommodate our double mattress. I am not sure if Dh and I could have hauled everything down two flights of stairs. I’m glad Dh set that as a condition upon purchasing the new mattress. We made it as easy as possible for the delivery guys by removing the trashed Matt mattress and box spring to the rec room, removing the spare bedroom door and moving a bookcase so everything could be loaded into the spare bedroom easier. We got our workout moving furniture and cleaning.

The thought has crossed my mind as well Jackie as to how long we can maintain our four bedroom, two storey house with a finished basement. Dh is 75 and although in excellent health things could change. The snow removal is tiresome at times and quite a lot of lawn, tree, shrubs and garden maintenance. I really try to keep my clutter down but we still have a lot of stuff!

Well time to think about getting dinner ready even though cooking is the last thing I feel like doing.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
Creative
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Floridacat, It sounds like a wonderful place to visit! I love anything to do with plants, parks and birds as long as they don't fly too close to me. Sounds like a great time and getting to talk to a person that knows the history is awesome.

Car home and I stopped at DG...bought the only 2 packs of mothballs that they had. I was going to go to the farm store but realized I need to be in that end of town later this week.
I put an entire pack of the mothball packets under my car. The other packet I put in my camper, because it gets mice too.
I am ordering the plug in sonic repellant because the car repair guy said since it is kept in the garage that would work for me. Plus it repels bugs also. Rodents just skeeve me out.

Supper is slow heating on the woodstove and I am ready for a set down. It has been cold all day but the sun has been out which is such a blessing.
Tomorrow I hope to do the final assembly of the dragonfly. Debating on another coat of clear coat. I love the way the wings turned out, the pearlizer looks awesome almost iridescent. I haven't had to buy anything for this craft, all stuff I have had and some stuff from my mom's crafting. It has been fun, I hope the next idea turns out well.
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:08 am Ooops, Sheila I hope you are feeling better this morning.
Jackie, you are so kind. It was a rough morning and day but I am happy to report that I slept well last night so that was a help.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

We had some snow last night and it has been cold, below 25 F all day. Fitbit says I slept less than 4 hours. When I got up to take my morning meds, I realized I took morning meds rather than evening meds last night. That explains the backache that kept me tossing and turning. So probably an early night tonight.

I don't have much to add. A usual day for me.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening all. I am so grateful for a good night's sleep last night and hoping for another tonight. Also very appreciative of all of your well wishes! As the day wore on today I was in more and more pain. I took some OTC pain reliever and it didn't touch it.

Came home and took my prescription meds and did a steam treatment - feel much improved for the moment. I even made myself some supper (leftover chili and garlic green beans) and washed all the dishes, tidied up the kitchen. I am waiting on DD to come get her laundry out of the washing machine so I can do a load.

I am still a big hungry (nothing wrong with my appetite!) so I might forage for some dessert or make a small batch of popcorn.

Wishing you all a pleasant night!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis,

I have spent most of the day trying how to get into my facebook account. Nothing doing. Facebook has locked me out because they want to install "Facebook Protect" but the only way to do it is with a cell phone and I don't have one. I could use someone else's number if they will let me. I tried another friend and it didn't work because they already had two accounts using their cell phone number. I am waiting to get an answer from Zoe. It's such a hassle! I mostly use it for messenger as that is how I do all of my doggo bookings and communicate with Pawrents. I hope I can get this fixed tonight or I'm in a bind as I babysit Charlee this weekend but have no idea as to what time to arrive or leave!

I talked to Franki Boi's Mum yesterday. My little sneak, pooped in the house despite having gone out with me! We are both frustrated and Franki's Mum is getting angry. This is not good at all. I spent half the night researching doggos who refuse to poop outside. He is in a long list of doggos who won't for various reasons. UGH! There is one trick they said to try and that is to take out "their business" when the go in the house and place it where you'd like them to go and always go there and encourage them to go. I was going to send that information to Kendall (Franki's Mum) but that is when I found out I am locked out of FB.

I was very tired today and took a long nap this afternoon after running the dishwasher. I don't know what I will get up to this evening. Maybe some reading.

For lunch today, I made my waffle fries all fixed up like nachos. I was going to do it last night but tired out before I got that far so I made them for lunch. They turned out to be quite tasty! I won't need much for supper after that lunch. Probably going to have some chicken noodle soup.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.