Daily Check In January 31, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 31, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Getting coffee, back ASAP
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In January 31, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Starting out the day wet after rain and some light snow showers and turning into a partly cloudy day in the high 30s. It's supposed to be in the 20s on Friday and Saturday and then bounce back up to 45 degrees on Sunday.

Checked my credit card due balance and am on target and might come in slightly under for the upcoming statement. It's official grocery expendtiture for January came in at $110.28 . . . a real fluke to which I can only attribute the possibility of not having added to my stockpile but instead started to use it.

I want to go to the Post Office today to mail in my taxes but that will be dependent upon whether or not the temp goes above freezing as we are under 32 degrees right now with light snow. I also want to go to the grocery store and place my first order for February usage. But if I can't there's always tomorrow.

On today's agenda is some reading and picking out a shade of green to use to color my St. Patrick's Day page. It pictures Celtic figures which I've done in gold and a leprechaun's hat and some shamrocks and text.

Tonight's menu will be mac and cheese with a combo cauliflower/broccoli mix veggie side.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Fell asleep reading my book last night, glasses and all. I had hoped to be finished this one on the history of the French and English Metis, but I guess I will be reading for at least another evening.

I woke up at about 4 and started thinking about moving, couldn't fall back asleep. Now I am trying to figure out what we can take and what we need to sell or give away. I may be list making for sure. Hubby also said a small 1 level house could be our go to, or we could move in with youngest DS (wouldn't that be something surprising for DS, but Hubby laughed as he said it). We have collected so much through the years that trying to downsize is going to be tricky.

The household task list is smaller today, but not by much. Tasks for today are ironing, mending, finishing the budget, cleaning the desk area, bringing the GB in after pick up, folding the clothing hanging downstairs, sweeping the floors, filing bills, and finish cleaning/wiping down the fridge. Once again some tasks will only take a few minutes others longer. I hope to get everything done fairly early so I can bake some cookies to put in the freezer. Some for us and some for youngest DS.

It will be a no drive, no spend day to end the month. Hard to believe that January has gone by so quickly. I hope February and March do as well. April, May, June, July, and the rest of the year can stretch out as long as they want. The nasty days of winter need to pass by quickly. Daily forecast says we are still under a severe cold warning. Today the temperatures are -27C (-17F) with the windchill making it feel like -39C (-38F). Too cold to do very much outside, but I do hope the sun comes out very soon. The furnace is once again running a great deal.

Supper tonight is leftover chicken. I think I might try to make a chicken pasta bake, which means trying to find a good recipe out of my leftovers cookbook or coming up with one on my own. This is another use up what is in the fridge freezer meal. Slowly but surely things are coming together in that area.

Today I am grateful for warm blankets and shawls to wrap up in.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Ooops, Sheila I hope you are feeling better this morning.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, thinking about your DH’s health, what about finding someone to help with snow removal? Maybe it is hard to arrange mid-season but to think about for next year either at your current home or a new home. For years I fought the idea of getting help cutting the lawn but now I’m SO happy I don’t have to do it in the blazing heat.

I didn’t sleep great but I got enough rest. I was awake for several hours in the night but finally fell back to sleep.

I have a fun outing planned for today and it is right in my own county. I’m going to Sunken Gardens, a tropical garden that has been here for 100 years! It was started by an individual and is now owned by the city. I went there as a child several times but I can’t remember my last visit. A few years ago they got a flock of flamingoes. My friend visited over Christmas with her son’s family and said it was great.

Really I have nothing else planned except possibly a trip to Aldi. I’ll see if it looks too crowded. I really want to get two cartons of soy milk and some produce.

Have a good day everyone.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:02 am Good morning all.

Starting out the day wet after rain and some light snow showers and turning into a partly cloudy day in the high 30s. It's supposed to be in the 20s on Friday and Saturday and then bounce back up to 45 degrees on Sunday.

Checked my credit card due balance and am on target and might come in slightly under for the upcoming statement. It's official grocery expendtiture for January came in at $110.28 . . . a real fluke to which I can only attribute the possibility of not having added to my stockpile but instead started to use it.

I want to go to the Post Office today to mail in my taxes but that will be dependent upon whether or not the temp goes above freezing as we are under 32 degrees right now with light snow. I also want to go to the grocery store and place my first order for February usage. But if I can't there's always tomorrow.

On today's agenda is some reading and picking out a shade of green to use to color my St. Patrick's Day page. It pictures Celtic figures which I've done in gold and a leprechaun's hat and some shamrocks and text.

Tonight's menu will be mac and cheese with a combo cauliflower/broccoli mix veggie side.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
Wow, that is a fantastic grocery spending for January! I’m at $196.34 for the month and happy with that but will add to it today if I do go to Aldi.