Daily Check In January 31, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In January 31, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

JCKitty, my son had to get a dead mouse removed from the ac vent of his car. It probably came from the house across the street that was gutted. DH put one of those ultrasonic mouse repellers in the engine compartment.

I am having a sit down for a few minutes, having made a pan of muffins for breakfast and a pot of lentil-veggie-chicken soup for lunch. It all smells great.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

The car repair guy just called, they were able to get the sensor and my car is ready for pick-up.
My son in law will pick me up and take me there before he goes to work this afternoon. It is less than a Mile from his work. So that is great news.

I will go from there to the farm store and then back home. Mackie, I will look into those ultrasonic mouse repellants. I will also tell DD2 about them because unlike me her car looks like a roll off dumpster :lol: .
I keep my vehicles clean, my dad always stressed that even though my mom ignored him most of the time :?
She always said "my car, my rules" LOL

Ready to put the pearlizing coat on the dragonfly wings and hit it with glitter.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

casadekitty wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:43 pm Update:

The car repair guy just called, they were able to get the sensor and my car is ready for pick-up.
My son in law will pick me up and take me there before he goes to work this afternoon. It is less than a Mile from his work. So that is great news.

I will go from there to the farm store and then back home. Mackie, I will look into those ultrasonic mouse repellants. I will also tell DD2 about them because unlike me her car looks like a roll off dumpster :lol: .
I keep my vehicles clean, my dad always stressed that even though my mom ignored him most of the time :?
She always said "my car, my rules" LOL

Ready to put the pearlizing coat on the dragonfly wings and hit it with glitter.

JCKitty
Yeah, I imagine having food trash in the car will attract them. DS's car is awful. You probably got one seeking warmth from the engine, since your car is spotless. I keep mine very clean too.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from Sunken Gardens and enjoyed it. I can’t say that the plants are ones I don’t see all the time, including in mom’s yard, but landscaped all together the gardens are beautiful. I enjoyed seeing the parrots and the flamingoes. They have renovated the original gardens entrance (small, Mediterranean-style building) as a history area. As I was looking at the photos and videos, a lady said, “That’s me” in one of the photos. It turned out that she is the granddaughter of the gardens founder and now works as a volunteer docent. I really enjoyed chatting with her about “the old days” in our area.

I came home for lunch and then went to Aldi. I had hoped that because today is Tuesday and the new ad starts tomorrow that it wouldn’t be as crowded. I was wrong! It was very crowded. I wore my mask (and only saw one other lady wearing one.) I got my two cartons of soy milk, produce, 12 grain bread ($2.09, not as high as I expected), paper towels and tissues. I almost got sucked into the Valentines aisle but I turned around. Groceries for the month now total $221.47 so still not bad.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon!

Finally up to 22 degrees and sunny. I wanted to head out earlier, but the driveway was rather icy, and my garage door opener (the hand-held one) wasn't working. Came back in and waited for things to warm up ... turns out the opener had partially snapped open. Easy fix ;)

So, did a quick run to Kroger to grab some bananas and sale stuff, since the new circulars come out tomorrow.. Not much I wanted on markdown, but that's fine. Speaking of groceries, just saw a Wall St. Journal story that Whole Foods has asked its suppliers to lower prices, so it can lower its prices.

Otherwise, got some work in ... may go ahead and bake brownies. Not sure I'm going to accomplish much more today outside of dinner.

Shelia, and Sandi, hope you're feeling better.

Jackie, I sympathize: the very idea of downsizing is overwhelming to me. Unless I can rent a Dumpster and just throw everything out. :twisted: I've been tempted to do that more than once.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Mending all done, and I decided to wait for another day to bake the cookies. I need a day where I can just work on my knitting, wrapped in blankets with a cup or mug of hot tea. I may even pull out the tea pot and enjoy more than one cup.

For some reason I have a bit of a chill and just can't seem to warm up, hence the wanting something warm inside.

I found a different recipe for the chicken pasta bake and will give that a try tonight. I will cut the recipe in half as the full recipe serves 6 and I am pretty sure I don't have 4 cups of chopped cooked chicken in the bag. Really making a smaller one will still probably give us leftovers for another meal. I will be using the toaster oven for this one.

Off to make the tea and snuggle down for an hour or so (or at least until I have to cook the noodles).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/