Daily Check In January 31, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In January 31, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

Whelp, we now won't see anything above freezing until Thursday. Sigh.

Was going to try and go out to the car and rescue some diet coke cans since I have none, but daughter said absolutely not, and she's right. Sheets of ice that probably will be there till Thursday. So I am inside two more days and apparantly going off caffeine for awhile, lol

I did two loads of laundry, put it all away and picked up my room, and I did an hour of earnings and worked out. I did not knit or sew although I will for a bit. I also figured my end of month spending but need to do a couple computations to get everything finalized.

I need to make a better plan for the next couple of days, since cabin fever could set in and I could be in the house until friday. Food is not a concern. I actually had a couple chicken thighs and a baked potato and veggies for lunch and a protein shake for a snack, so I probably just need a small snack between now and bed.

Once the weather clears and warms (end of feb/march it will be beautiful) I want to go and see a bunch of local things and just take some day drives.

In other news, my poor Broncos are looking up, looked we signed on Sean Payton as the new coach. There is hope.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The COD is finally up. He lounged in bed all day.

He is cooking. He bought fish and chicken two days ago. He packed it all up in the freezer. I usually use plastic bags. He uses foil.

I took out a pack thinking it was chicken - nope he said it was fish. He also labels them, but I didn't check.

So he is cooking fish. I might have a sandwich.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 pm Whelp, we now won't see anything above freezing until Thursday. Sigh.

Was going to try and go out to the car and rescue some diet coke cans since I have none, but daughter said absolutely not, and she's right. Sheets of ice that probably will be there till Thursday. So I am inside two more days and apparantly going off caffeine for awhile, lol

I did two loads of laundry, put it all away and picked up my room, and I did an hour of earnings and worked out. I did not knit or sew although I will for a bit. I also figured my end of month spending but need to do a couple computations to get everything finalized.

I need to make a better plan for the next couple of days, since cabin fever could set in and I could be in the house until friday. Food is not a concern. I actually had a couple chicken thighs and a baked potato and veggies for lunch and a protein shake for a snack, so I probably just need a small snack between now and bed.

Once the weather clears and warms (end of feb/march it will be beautiful) I want to go and see a bunch of local things and just take some day drives.

In other news, my poor Broncos are looking up, looked we signed on Sean Payton as the new coach. There is hope.
I was just reading a story about your weather. Really awful! I’m glad that you are staying indoors. If you have teabags, maybe you could make some sweet iced tea to take the place of your Diet Coke.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 pm Whelp, we now won't see anything above freezing until Thursday. Sigh.
Thankfully we have not hit freezing temps here - but close - 34 degrees now.

Tomorrow the high forecast has us at 40 - Thursday back up to 60!

I hope we don't freeze tonight.

Still lots of schools in San Antonio are closed tomorrow. We can't handle icy roads here.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
The dragonfly is assembled and I am very happy with it! The last things I need to put on are the soda can eyes. I need to go to DD's to get the empty cans.
I had to walk out to the garage for some screws and it smells like great-great aunt Gerties attic as soon as you walk in the door...the mothballs are supposed to be Lavendar scented, I can still smell the mothballs. :lol:
I figure if I can smell them it will drive the rodents crazy.... :roll:

I took a picture of the dragonfly and sent it to the DD's. they loved it. I don't want to hang it outside until the Winter and Spring winds are done. I will store it in one of the guestrooms.
Making my list for the farm store. I am out of my beloved E6000 glue. I also had some other stuff to pick up. I am ready for a hot bath and relaxation.
JCKitty
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I know your daughter said do not go to the car for the diet coke cans... but, let me tell you about what happened last winter.

DH left an unopened can of diet coke int the cupholder of our Jeep overnight at the snowmobile camp. It was about 20 degrees. I went out to the car the next morning and discovered that the entire round top of the can had blown off. Frozen soda Diet Coke was everywhere. On the ceiling, in every crevice of the dashboard, coating the seats, on the windshield, in the CD player, in the cubby holes, in the door latches, in the carpet...EVERYWHERE!

Take all soda out of cars if the temperature is freezing!

JGomez