Daily Check In February 1, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 1, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:08 pm ts my undestanding that this will not work at 22 degrees. It needs to be warmer before items meant to melt will melt. And or have sunshine, which we do not. it would just be covering it, not melting it unless lots of people were walking on it or driving on it and even then our roads are sheer ice. Tomorrow it is supposed to warm up enough to snow.
Our Ice Melt works at -35C, colder than that and it might not work as good. However I kind of think you might not have anything like that since you don't really have the kind of temperatures we do.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

As far as masking the only place I don't wear a mask is the pharmacy as there are usually very few people at my place. Grocery shopping, hitting Walmart, Canadian Tire I will put one on for sure. They are usually much too crowded for me to feel safe. Not bringing it home again to Hubby, not with his heart condition.

Did my shopping and am glad to be back home and out of the crowd. At least this time no one said anything about me wearing my mask, other times I haven't been so lucky.

Pulled the fabric to make the two items mentioned this morning and that is as far as I have gotten.

I should be cutting the large roast I purchased, but after looking in the freezer I think I just might cut this one into steaks. Prices are crazy and even purchasing items on sale I spent more than I thought I would. I now have enough stove top cleaner for a year (at least I think), toilet bowl cleaner for a year, and probably deodorant for almost a year. I might even have enough dishwasher tabs for a year as well (need to figure that out tonight). My cupboards are getting full, but it is a nice full.

I am buying more house brands as they are slightly less costly. There are still items that I will not purchase as the taste is just not there.

Tomorrow is supposed to get cold once again so I will be staying home. Plan on doing some baking, sewing, and sorting. Not to mention some small extra cleaning tasks.

Off to do some cutting after reading the forum so that tomorrow I can sew.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Finally persuaded DS to clean clothes he can't wear out of his closet and dresser, and I took the heap to Goodwill. Did a quick look through the racks and bought two shirts for $4.39 after tax, as today is Senior Citizens day and one shirt was a 50 percent off color.

Dollar and a Quarter Tree is in the same shopping center, so I popped over there and found a few good deals: a package of disposable masks, pack of hamburger buns, can of baking cocoa, big tube of Colgate toothpaste, pack of pink razors, nice size bag of Ocean Spray dried cranberries, two of those yummy chocolate bars made in Poland, and two cans of soft drinks.

The store was sold out of shampoo and rice. It had only one bag of dried beans in stock and one pack of noodles. Toilet paper is now sold by the roll!

Edited to add: Jackie, I totally agree about the craziness of prices. I am about to order more dish tabs, if the clearance store does not have them.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I remember when I purchased a bunch of deodorant. It lasted more than a year.

They had a clearance sale at the military base store - 25 cents! So yea I took almost all they had - :mrgreen:

One year I kept track of how many rolls of TP we used each year - 84! We use the Scotts brand extra large rolls. We can't use the super fluffy toilet paper due to sewer issues - but we have adapted. :mrgreen:
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:32 pm Finally persuaded DS to clean clothes he can't wear out of his closet and dresser, and I took the heap to Goodwill. Did a quick look through the racks and bought two shirts for $4.39 after tax, as today is Senior Citizens day and one shirt was a 50 percent off color.

Dollar and a Quarter Tree is in the same shopping center, so I popped over there and found a few good deals: a package of disposable masks, pack of hamburger buns, can of baking cocoa, big tube of Colgate toothpaste, pack of pink razors, nice size bag of Ocean Spray dried cranberries, two of those yummy chocolate bars made in Poland, and two cans of soft drinks.

The store was sold out of shampoo and rice. It had only one bag of dried beans in stock and one pack of noodles. Toilet paper is now sold by the roll!

Edited to add: Jackie, I totally agree about the craziness of prices. I am about to order more dish tabs, if the clearance store does not have them.
From now on I’m going to call it Dollar and a Quarter Tree. I like it and it fits.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:29 pm I remember when I purchased a bunch of deodorant. It lasted more than a year.

They had a clearance sale at the military base store - 25 cents! So yea I took almost all they had - :mrgreen:

One year I kept track of how many rolls of TP we used each year - 84! We use the Scotts brand extra large rolls. We can't use the super fluffy toilet paper due to sewer issues - but we have adapted. :mrgreen:
I have not paid for deodorant in a long time - if you count getting CVS ECBs as getting it free. I use Sure solid. No it is not aluminum free. Even though most free CVS free items have gone by the wayside I have still been able to catch the Sure deal in recent years. I think it is 2/$2 and get $2 in ECBs but maybe it is 2/$4 with a $2 coupon and then get the $2 in ECBs.