Daily Check In February 1, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In February 1, 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

House chores are done and I am tired this afternoon. I decided to just stay home this afternoon. Going to make a cup of tea and enjoy it.
Re: masking....I keep them in the car, a pack in the car and in my bag. I wear mine in almost every store. I have forgotten while running into the gas station.
I have had covid and while mine wasn't horrible, it still affected me and I do not want to go thru it again if at all possible. My sense of taste has not been the same.
Quilter, I hope your water and soda bottles/cans don't explode from the cold. I have seen my walkway and deck so coated in ice that you can't stand up.

It is still cold but the sun is still shining this afternoon. Off to read and make that cup of tea.
JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:14 pm Here up North we have one that will work at at least 15 degrees and above. I did a quick search and found one on Amazon for home use that claimed to work at -30 degrees)I live in an area where they scrape the pavement clean and use de-icers rather than sanding like they do in more snow regions. We get snow, it melts away and then it snows again and does not build up like other parts of the world.
I would not buy anything for a week a year for me personally. In general we dont even have snowplows. . Our streets are still solid ice and hills are awful. As clems brother said, we're going nowhere. But it will be sunny and sixty on Sunday, so I'll live.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

And some brave kid brought his dog outside for five and dragged me the unexploded coke from my car before returning to hibernation.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

casadekitty wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:19 pm Update:

House chores are done and I am tired this afternoon. I decided to just stay home this afternoon. Going to make a cup of tea and enjoy it.
Re: masking....I keep them in the car, a pack in the car and in my bag. I wear mine in almost every store. I have forgotten while running into the gas station.
I have had covid and while mine wasn't horrible, it still affected me and I do not want to go thru it again if at all possible. My sense of taste has not been the same.
Quilter, I hope your water and soda bottles/cans don't explode from the cold. I have seen my walkway and deck so coated in ice that you can't stand up.

It is still cold but the sun is still shining this afternoon. Off to read and make that cup of tea.
JCKitty
Thanks Kitty.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:25 pm And some brave kid brought his dog outside for five and dragged me the unexploded coke from my car before returning to hibernation.
That is a nice kid!
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:58 pm In “honor” of Sandi, I’ve booked my first shingles shot for Friday morning.
I am indeed honored :lol:

Had a telehealth thing with my PCP this morning, he says I can have the first shot as soon as two weeks after all the symptoms are gone. How long will that take? "Probably another 4-5 weeks."

I'd cry, but I'm too tired. :lol: At least most of the adrenaline response is done, I no longer feel like I can't sit still.