Daily Check In February 1, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In February 1, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:23 pm Yep, or I get a dirty look. I live in a very anti-vax, anti-mask corner of my province. Anywhere else it is no problem to wear a mask. When we go to the capital there are many people wearing masks. Here today I was the only one other than one or two staff members in Walmart.
That is so strange. I live in south Texas and I have not heard of anyone being harassed about wearing a mask.

I keep several in my purse, my vehicle. Just in case. I don't wear them all the time, just when I am not familiar with the people I might encounter.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:16 pm I had not been there in ages, as I go only when dropping off something at Goodwill. I was looking for rice, but there was none to be had.
I suspect that things like rice and beans are going to become more scarce at DT as prices rise elsewhere. That is where I buy those things, along with shelf stable almond milk and some other pantry items when I can find them. They had 2 lb. bags of sugar for awhile - I didn't get any because I have 10 lb. and I don't go through it very fast.

People tell me "Walmart is cheaper" - yes...and Walmart is a 30 mile drive so I'll do my own math, thanks, lol.

Part of my savings challenge for this year includes staying out of DT unless there is a grocery item I need - and I am allowed to look and buy if there are good grocery deals to be had.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:15 pm I have not paid for deodorant in a long time - if you count getting CVS ECBs as getting it free. I use Sure solid. No it is not aluminum free. Even though most free CVS free items have gone by the wayside I have still been able to catch the Sure deal in recent years. I think it is 2/$2 and get $2 in ECBs but maybe it is 2/$4 with a $2 coupon and then get the $2 in ECBs.
I really miss our neighborhood CVS since it closed a couple years ago. The regular prices were way too high but I used to make out like a bandit in there with the ECBs and sales and manufacturer's coupons.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:09 am I really miss our neighborhood CVS since it closed a couple years ago. The regular prices were way too high but I used to make out like a bandit in there with the ECBs and sales and manufacturer's coupons.
The vast majority of the good deals are gone so you are not missing anything not having CVS now. I rarely go in there and I don’t like the way they (and Walgreens, also) do their online ads. CVS used to be great. I still have enough body wash for many years and still have a box with a lot of unused school/office supplies I got free.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:23 pm Yep, or I get a dirty look. I live in a very anti-vax, anti-mask corner of my province. Anywhere else it is no problem to wear a mask. When we go to the capital there are many people wearing masks. Here today I was the only one other than one or two staff members in Walmart.
We do have the anti-vaxers here too. Funny story. In the beginning of covid, DH and I were riding our bikes on the rail trail here. Hardly any people walking..no there bikers....safe. So..I was wearing a light weight neckie..that I wear for skiing..because it was cold out. I passed two walkers...one man said to the other...these idiots even wear masks when they are on a bike!