Daily Check In February 2, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In February 2, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

Poor Lily Dog! I’m glad that you allow her to continue to sleep on the bed.

I’m at mom’s house. It is very warm here - too warm. I cleaned out the whole length of beds on the side of the house and raked 5 1/2 bags of leaves on that same side. I’m exhausted. Since I’ll be not far from here tomorrow when I go for the shingles shot, I decided to put out the big trash can for tomorrow. I had a lot of long branch pieces so could only fit two bags of the leaves comfortably plus the palm frond from the other side. I could still put out the other three full bags separately but I’ll hold them until Monday. I’m too tired to do decluttering.

I just ate a fruit cup and will go home soon. My final tax info is now available online but I’ll wait until the weekend to work on it. I’m really hoping for a nice refund.

I’ll work on my library puzzle. Someone put stars on two spots of the picture on the box to show where the two missing pieces are located. Yesterday for the first time ever I knocked a box with some of the pieces - probably 200+ pieces upside down onto the floor. I hope I got them all!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Thank You Wolf for the info on ham at Aldi's!!!! I just got back from there, decided to go to the store earlier than I usually do to see if ours was the same deal. I got 3 spiral honey hams for a total of $13.10 regular price would have been $67.13... Marked down to .47 per pound. I am thrilled! I think I am doing one in the crockpot for the weekend. I texted the DD's and they are thrilled also. So....booyah!

I had to wait on the renter to bring her rent $ this morning so while waiting I ran the vacuum and cleaned the floors. Kitchen cleaned and scoured the sinks.... Groceries are put away and ate a burger made here at home for a lunch.
I also got the stuff for making Chex mix, will do that tomorrow. I am tired and would love a nap. But I am afraid I wouldn't sleep tonight.
It is sunny and not cold but cool outside, tomorrow deep freeze again. :(
JCKitty
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

casadekitty wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:24 pm Update:

Thank You Wolf for the info on ham at Aldi's!!!! I just got back from there, decided to go to the store earlier than I usually do to see if ours was the same deal. I got 3 spiral honey hams for a total of $13.10 regular price would have been $67.13... Marked down to .47 per pound. I am thrilled! I think I am doing one in the crockpot for the weekend. I texted the DD's and they are thrilled also. So....booyah!
That's great, Kitty! I'm glad you were able to get them! (And hey, they outdid my store on price, LOL!)

Update: finished up the work and got the banking issue taken care of. Need to go chop veggies for tonight's dinner.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:03 am I went to make the bed and discovered that Lily Dog had another episode of leaking urine in her sleep (she sleeps on the foot of our bed). DH took the heavy blanket to the laundromat, where it cost NINE DOLLARS to wash and dry it. And I am laundering everything else. We have a waterproof mattress pad, thank goodness.

Just ordered some doggie diapers for her from Amazon to be delivered Saturday. I checked Petco and there was not anything in stock locally that would fit her. I may have to get creative with a maxi pad and a wrap made out of an old t-shirt for a couple of nights.

I don't want to kick her out of our bed because she has nightmares every night when her oxygen level drops in her sleep. It's really pitiful. All I have to do is stick my foot out from under the covers and rub her back until she wakes up and takes a deep breath, and then things are okay.
Oh poor baby! And bless you for being so patient with her.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Hugs to Lily Dog.
Sheila and Sandi..hope you both are feeling much better today.
DH and I went skiing this morning. Cold and sunny..the conditions were great.
I have a pan of brownies in the oven..from a mix. We are taking that and chili over to our friend's later. She is the one recovering from a knee replacement. We will have the chili with them at their house.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I did not get to either the floors or washing the cabinets today. I went to vacuum the den and wound up moving all the furniture, dusting, fluffing the throw pillows in the dryer, and washing dog bedding. There was so much pet hair in all the nooks and crannies!
Mackie