Daily Check In February 2, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In February 2, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

casadekitty wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:03 pm Update:
Jackie, Sandi and Sheila, feel better...

It is all over the news that a Chinese spy balloon is going over the USA, Biden wanted to shoot it down but the pentagon said too much danger from falling debris. Scary....

I made mashed potatoes today as I have 4 white potatoes that needed used. So that with some stew on top is supper. I sautéed the sweet potatoes and they are in the fridge.
Went for coffee at the DD's, they are going to crock pot a ham for the weekend and will take ham for lunches, I will have ham and cheese potatoes with them. My only request was save the bone and broth for me to make beans LOL. They were almost giddy with excitement when I said I am making chex mix tomorrow :roll: .

I brought in some extra wood as it is supposed to dip to -10 tonight and be frigid tomorrow.

Clem, I would be using some of that fish and making fish tacos....my favorite tacos. :lol:
Mackie, can you use a disposable diaper on Lily? I think maybe cutting a hole for her tail?
Going to watch TV and veg out for a bit.

JCKitty
Fish tacos is a good idea. I have just never cooked fish before. Well except for shrimp.

The COD told me tonight that he really missed fried fish - the kind with all that cornmeal crust. Well he can't really have that. My grandfather used to fish and my mom would fry that catfish up - so yummy.

My friend makes a fish soup - I don't know...
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:07 pm Fish tacos is a good idea. I have just never cooked fish before. Well except for shrimp.

The COD told me tonight that he really missed fried fish - the kind with all that cornmeal crust. Well he can't really have that. My grandfather used to fish and my mom would fry that catfish up - so yummy.

My friend makes a fish soup - I don't know...
Clem, how about trying the fish cooked in an air fryer. Just for the heck of it (I don't eat fish yuck), I did a search and there are recipes. You don't need a whole lot of oil and while they may not exactly be the same . . .it's an idea.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I had the same idea as Logics about the air fryer. I’ve never used one but they sound like they work really well. I love fish but almost always just bake it.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I usually bake fish, but I should use my air fryer more.