Daily Check In February 2, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 2, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

I am starting us off and then getting a coffee. Be back very soon I hope.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 2, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is hopefully our last really cold day of the month (though I can only check 14 days ahead and things can and do change). Right now it is -27C (-16F) and with the windchill it feels like -40C (-40F). Exposed skin can freeze in a matter of minutes. Once again I will be sticking close to home and getting things completed. At least I have lots to keep me busy and/or occupied.

I lost track of days and for a brief moment thought today was Friday, thank heavens for the calendar above the desk and my daily diary of tasks. They help this failing memory of mine a great deal.

I have a few household tasks to accomplish before I can have some fun. The to do's for today are sweep the floors, strip the bedding and put on fresh, bake some cookies, and do a bit of extra cleaning. My extra cleaning for today will be dusting off the fan, wiping down the sills and probably giving our dining table a good wipe down as well as the chairs.

Fun goals for today will be moving pictures into folders, baking the cookies, working on my knitting (almost done the shawl/blanket) and getting started on the two small sewing items. If I find a bit of extra time I will make an effort to tidy more in the sewing/craft room and then perhaps tomorrow I will make labels for those few storage containers that still need them in there.

Hubby started a new puzzle yesterday. That is really surprising as he usually only does one puzzle a winter. I may have to find a few more puzzles somewhere. He has asked for more scenery type so that is what I will be on the lookout for. Hubby has taken to hanging those type on the walls of his man cave.

I will save my walking outside until Saturday when it is supposed to be quite a bit warmer. This means I will be walking in the house the next couple of days. Not something I really enjoy, I would much rather be outside. I do feel that getting frostbite is a detriment to the enjoyment though.

Supper tonight is leftover chicken casserole. All I will need to do is warm it up.

Today I am grateful that winter is on the downward slope.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I woke up at 5:30 am when Lily Dog was having a coughing spell. Tried soothing her, but she needed medication, so we all got up.

I've had coffee and two homemade muffins, and the old cat is asleep in my lap. Could do with a nap myself.

It's raining again. Should do that all day and get steadily colder, a forecast my worst knee concurs with. I'm glad I got my errands done yesterday.

Today there are some floors that really need mopping, my least favorite chore. And I need to bust out a new sponge and some Murphy's oil soap to clean up the kitchen cabinets, which have detailed trim that catches every speck of dust and flour.

Hope you all have a good day and stay snug. Sheila and Sandi, hope you are both feeling better.
Mackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!

It's 21 here and sunny; supposed to be around 40. (And I hear the groundhog saw his shadow today :cry: )

Packed all my errands into yesterday, including grocery shopping. The store where I like to buy produce is having a nice sale, so the fridge is now packed with fresh veggies and some fruit. Aldi marked down spiral hams to 49 cents a pound and I couldn't resist. Think I may take it apart and make packages of ham to freeze, rather than deal with the whole ham at once.

Anyway, I have kitchen work today, need to call the plumber, and take care of some banking/financial stuff. Oh, and finish up some work. Plus all the other stuff.

Mackie, I should clean cabinets, too. But not today :lol:

Shelia, and Sandi, hope you're feeling better.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Mackie, I too have been up since too early o'clock. The dogs needed to go out and woke me tip tapping around. So, I got up and took them out.
OMG it is cold! But we are supposed to warm up a lot for today, tomorrow back into the deep freeze for the day.
I may go to the store today, I hope our Aldi's has marked down hams. The family loves it and that is a great price for sandwiches and such.
I have fed and turned the chickens out for the day, stove loaded and drinking coffee to try to get motivated.
I need to formulate and install the eyes on the dragonfly, decided last night to use the lids from orange juice concentrate. Much easier than cut down soda cans.

I will probably do floors today and I have 2 large, sweet potatoes to peel and sauté. My quest for zero food waste is going okay but produces some "different" meals. Who knew BBQ pork could last so long LOL!
Usual house chores to do and when they are done, completing the dragonfly. Clean up that mess and get ready for my next idea. Lots of drilling and installing screws on the next one.
It is a small 3 shelf unit using small limbs and such to make a rustic shelf unit. the shelves will be pieces of wood from the sawmill that are thin and flat. I can see it in my mind but need to make a "map or diagram" of it on paper so I don't get ahead of myself. I have a tendency when things are coming together to get ahead of myself :roll:
Off to get started.
JCKitty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a fairly nice day today before the drop to the 20s tomorrow and Saturday.

Morning routine is finished so the rest of the day is mine. It will be one of my whatever days.

Nothing really to report, perhaps later.

Have a great day everyone.