Daily Check In February 2, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In February 2, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning all

Jackie, even here in Greg abbot country some people wear masks, some don't and no body really says anything either way. I think the wearing of the mask when "we" are not feeling well wih basic colds and such is catching on here which sounds unusual but isnt.

Regarding the drug store section, I have an app called the KrazyKoupon lady that lists all the deals and all the mobile coupons that go with and I also have both apps. When I do use them, I just load the mobile apps and then when I type my phone number at the register it ads the mobile coupons. Same thing with Kroger and Albertson's actually. I honestly have never looked at the food in dollar tree, maybe I should. I only go there for decor and crafts and occasional organizing stuff.

Its supposed to get up to thirty six but that warmer could mean snow and I dont know how sunny it will be. I may or may not be able to limp out and start my car late this afternoon. It's even messier today, because what did melt and slush yesterday froze over night. Tomorrow is sunny and forties, and the weekend is sixties, so recovery mode is here. I did have a brief moment of panic when I thought I was out of butter and then realized I had another box.

I am dressed and have had a couple biscuits this morning from the extra I cooked to go with the chicken last night. I did the fridge clean out and loaded up the trash and realized that pickup is not till tomorrow. There is not very much food in there (see challenge post), but I will double bag and put outside until tomorrow if needed. today I want to clean the bathroom quickly, and clean the laundry closet (piles of empty deterfent bottles just thrown on the shelf and need to be recycled, and so on). I may do a quick vaccum.

I have done nothing on my knitting of the blanket for a couple days and I have both sewing and painting projects as well as a book, so I have plenty to do again today.

Right now I am in the reciner just relaxing and looking at the coled from inside-I already plugged in my valentine tree to get some cheer in here.

Off to work for an hour, do some online things and then housewalk for fifteen.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I went to make the bed and discovered that Lily Dog had another episode of leaking urine in her sleep (she sleeps on the foot of our bed). DH took the heavy blanket to the laundromat, where it cost NINE DOLLARS to wash and dry it. And I am laundering everything else. We have a waterproof mattress pad, thank goodness.

Just ordered some doggie diapers for her from Amazon to be delivered Saturday. I checked Petco and there was not anything in stock locally that would fit her. I may have to get creative with a maxi pad and a wrap made out of an old t-shirt for a couple of nights.

I don't want to kick her out of our bed because she has nightmares every night when her oxygen level drops in her sleep. It's really pitiful. All I have to do is stick my foot out from under the covers and rub her back until she wakes up and takes a deep breath, and then things are okay.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:03 am I went to make the bed and discovered that Lily Dog had another episode of leaking urine in her sleep (she sleeps on the foot of our bed). DH took the heavy blanket to the laundromat, where it cost NINE DOLLARS to wash and dry it. And I am laundering everything else. We have a waterproof mattress pad, thank goodness.

Just ordered some doggie diapers for her from Amazon to be delivered Saturday. I checked Petco and there was not anything in stock locally that would fit her. I may have to get creative with a maxi pad and a wrap made out of an old t-shirt for a couple of nights.

I don't want to kick her out of our bed because she has nightmares every night when her oxygen level drops in her sleep. It's really pitiful. All I have to do is stick my foot out from under the covers and rub her back until she wakes up and takes a deep breath, and then things are okay.
When my very elderly pup Brandy started doing that - I would put a wee pad around her. It only happened a couple of times and she didn't sleep in the bed.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

I too got up early. And yes due to the tap tap tapping from Silent Pup. That is how he says he has to go. So most all went. Wasn't too bad out there at 5:30.

I almost stayed up, but no after half an hour went back to bed and stayed there until 9. Got some good sleep

We are supposed to get warmer today. Maybe not 60 but upper 50s. Tomorrow we should see the sun!

Hope all have a great day!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:06 am When my very elderly pup Brandy started doing that - I would put a wee pad around her. It only happened a couple of times and she didn't sleep in the bed.
The leaking is a side effect of the medication she's on for fluid build-up related to her heart disease. I should have realized her fluid was worse yesterday because her "heart cough" was worse, but it can be hard to tell because the vet said her heart is now pressing on her trachea and that will cause her to cough a little.

I think we can figure sonething out to keep her comfortable and the bed clean and dry. She likes to sleep on a blanket or towel and I have a waterproof crib pad to use with it.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I just couldn’t fall asleep last night, so I got up and was up for about an hour and a half.

This morning I have been busy. More went into both the trash and giveaway bin.

Towels are folded and away. The blanket is in the dryer, the colored was is in the washer. I still haven’t found the missing magnet plate. But I have eliminated several areas.

Breakfast was oatmeal with chopped nuts and an apple.

I haven’t decided on dinner yet.

Penny