Daily Check In February 3, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In February 3, 2023

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Ten degrees here and very windy. Power was out all morning..just came back on.
DH and I loaded more firewood onto our porch yesterday..so we are good.
I think today will be a snuggle on the couch with a blanket and a book day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m home from the shingles shot. So far it doesn’t hurt but my cousin and even the pharmacist said I might need to take Tylenol. She said some people don’t have a bad reaction, however, so we’ll see. I picked up some Angel Soft tp on sale - 8 “mega” rolls for $5.50 which I think is a pretty good price. I bought on sale Angel Soft last time and like it.

I pretty much lucked out with the weather. No rain when I left Publix or at mom’s house. I put the can in the garage and put the doormat inside and when I was pulling out of the driveway it started to rain. Torrential rain on the way home but no lightning. So I’m in for the day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Morning all. Logics, I hope your niece resolves her issue. Honestly, as someone who has negotiated with the irs after widowhood, they are very good in general about allowing payments, she will not have to pay this in a lump sum (although she will pay interest). I am sorry she is losing money and in her case in debt. Having said that I am a huge believer in the four day workweek in general, although I agree that the benefits and pay should remain the same. No one I know who has ever worked four days has gone back to five.

Right now it's a mere 34 degrees but above freezing and the sun is out. I feel that by this afternoon I should be able to walk to my car and start it and take a small drive. Not at all sure that I will actually go in a store the first day after a five day freeze but we will see. I really need eggs so we will se if I can even get delivery or pickup.

Sitting in my studio right now. Trying to spend a bit longer and have a morning in bed stretch and journal time and then afer showering start here instead of on the recliner. We'll see how it goes. About to sew squares together while keeping track of any surveys that pop up. I have two art project, three sewing projects a knitting project and need to re learn how to warp my loom. No boredom on this end. I didnt even get to the ny times puzzle yesterday, darn it.

I dont normally "do things" on the weekend since everyone else is out and about, but after being locked in I am thinking I may do a small day drive tomorrow,, we shall see.

Im just happy to see the sun, lol
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:07 am Morning all. Logics, I hope your niece resolves her issue. Honestly, as someone who has negotiated with the irs after widowhood, they are very good in general about allowing payments, she will not have to pay this in a lump sum (although she will pay interest). I am sorry she is losing money and in her case in debt. Having said that I am a huge believer in the four day workweek in general, although I agree that the benefits and pay should remain the same. No one I know who has ever worked four days has gone back to five.

I do agree that working 4 days is a lot more appealing and I would have loved the opportunity to work from home like today's workers are. But life doesn't work that way for everyone.

The thing is that her boss will allow her to work the 2 extra hours every day (10 hours), but SHE doesn't want to. Yet she'll complain about why does everything happen to me. She'll complain she can't meet the minimum payments, yada yada yada. Yet she won't do ANYTHING to help herself get out debt including telling her "roof over her head" that she's not buying sparkling water because she can't afford it. When they termed the generation Millenials in my niece's case they should have called it ME-lennials.

She would be able to pay off all her debts in a year if she'd only work those hours for 1 year . . . she's throwing away $5,000 after taxes by not doing so. ME-lennial, woe is ME.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up during the night my hearing aid charge box was flashing orange. So I reset it.

I forgot to set up my H-E-B order for delivery yesterday. I set it up for this afternoon. It was a very small order. All food.

I have a clean bottom sheet on my bed, The quit is in the dryer. I will wash the sheets later. I washed my hair as I do every time I change the bed. About once a week.

I spent almost 45 minutes trying to deposit a check to my FCU (account. I ended up spending less than 5 minutes depositing it into one account The check was for a gigantic $5.

I think I was able to deposit the other check into my Federal Credit Union account. I won’t know until tomorrow. Both checks will be held for the requested amount of days.

I finished hand washing the dishes.

Penny
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:58 am I do agree that working 4 days is a lot more appealing and I would have loved the opportunity to work from home like today's workers are. But life doesn't work that way for everyone.

The thing is that her boss will allow her to work the 2 extra hours every day (10 hours), but SHE doesn't want to. Yet she'll complain about why does everything happen to me. She'll complain she can't meet the minimum payments, yada yada yada. Yet she won't do ANYTHING to help herself get out debt including telling her "roof over her head" that she's not buying sparkling water because she can't afford it. When they termed the generation Millenials in my niece's case they should have called it ME-lennials.

She would be able to pay off all her debts in a year if she'd only work those hours for 1 year . . . she's throwing away $5,000 after taxes by not doing so. ME-lennial, woe is ME.
Oh hell yes (sorry), I would be working the exra two hours a day to make it up, you bet. But you can't lead a horse and all that......