Daily Check In February 3, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In February 3, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

People often simply cut the patches and rearrange them in one large square or just make a full quilt with them and I agave fone that. Bur fir this one I believe I'm separating all the smaller squares and using them.as individual blocks. Well see when I play. These are very bright tropical fabrics. The line is called Carolina lilys
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I hope everyone has had a good day. I am not feeling my best but I've felt worse - no complaints. Left work a few minutes early and was home and in warm, cozy pajamas before 4:30.

The kiddos had the heat on in the "no use rooms" to take the chill off the bones of the sink cabinet doors open and the water dripping. It is THAT COLD. They said they checked on the cats and fed them twice today.

I have my supper in the oven - roasted broccoli and brussels sprouts and a "pizza crust" of crescent rolls - I'm going to add some sauce and nutritional yeast, put it all together and call it a pizza.

DD pointed out to me last night, as I was bemoaning being stuck in the house on a cold evening, that it is staying daylight later - spring is on the way, friends.

I am off to read your updates and check email, etc.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:11 pm I hope everyone has had a good day. I am not feeling my best but I've felt worse - no complaints. Left work a few minutes early and was home and in warm, cozy pajamas before 4:30.

The kiddos had the heat on in the "no use rooms" to take the chill off the bones of the sink cabinet doors open and the water dripping. It is THAT COLD. They said they checked on the cats and fed them twice today.

I have my supper in the oven - roasted broccoli and brussels sprouts and a "pizza crust" of crescent rolls - I'm going to add some sauce and nutritional yeast, put it all together and call it a pizza.

DD pointed out to me last night, as I was bemoaning being stuck in the house on a cold evening, that it is staying daylight later - spring is on the way, friends.

I am off to read your updates and check email, etc.
i read that there is a very cold stream or whatever it is called headed up north. I was freezing at 35 degrees. Don't know how y'all do it. Take care.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Found the article about Iowa and the 75,000 job openings.

It was in the NYTimes

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/02/opinion/immigration-states.html
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:34 pm i read that there is a very cold stream or whatever it is called headed up north. I was freezing at 35 degrees. Don't know how y'all do it. Take care.
Clem, it is currently TREE degrees, 22 below zero with the wind chill.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:17 pm Clem, it is currently TREE degrees, 22 below zero with the wind chill.
:shock: I hope that y'all don't lose power! That is crazy .