Daily Check In February 3, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In February 3, 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Jackie, I can't say I overdid it today either :lol: Just piddled around, house chores got done but not a lot of extras. I did take a nap, just overcome with sleepiness and laid on the couch. It was nice.

Chex mix made , over-sampled :roll: and now cool and packaged. I had opened the cereal bags with scissors and packaged it for family in the cereal bags, sealed with a small piece of packing tape from a roll that I swear is at least 20 years old.
Since all I had eaten all day was Chex mix I knew I needed protein for supper so I made a 2 egg cheese omelet and salad, small cup of greek yogurt with raspberries.
I made and folded the omelet perfectly! Should have taken a picture of it because I never am able to roll and fold that well LOL.
I got 4 eggs today! My hens are finally doing better. I am getting them a bag of goat food to add to their feed, it is higher protein and they need more protein....I think.
Tomorrow I am going to make some deviled eggs, they are an easy "add" to meals and we love them.
Another cold night and then it is supposed to slowly start warming up.
Mackie, I would love to see the grass greening up! I am so anxious for Spring!
The dragonfly is done! I added the eyes today, OJ lids with pearlizing paint and glitter.

On to the next craft idea, I wish I had a drill press but lost mine in the divorce 24 years ago LOL. I will see what I can do with a clamp. :roll:

Off to do whatever,
JCKitty
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello Everyone!
I've spent the last two days being frustrated with the state and retired teacher recertification. I retired last June (2022) and had been told by the state DOE and my school district that retirees could submit their recertificaation materials through the their school committee once after retirement. I completed all I needed to do for my 5 year recertification last year. I was told to wait and submit until this year because my certification does not expire until June 30, 20323. The school district I retired from tried to submit my name for recertification was told my name was not on the list.THe legislature changed the rules last May and did not inform school districts or retirees of the change. I need to go through the state, not the district for recertification. What is required and how it is documented is now different! I spent all yesterday afternoon photocopying all my paperwork, making copies for me to hold onto. I don't trust the state to not lose my paperwork. The school district allows teacher training that the state does not allow. I need to make sure I have enough points documented by the state in order to be recertified.

It is cold here in Maine. THe wind is really blowing. It is -15 on my patio without the wind chill factor. The real feel is -41 now, according to my husband. We;ve been checking with some elderly neighbors.

I've had a relaxing day. Got up at 7:30, had coffee and a whole wheat blueberry muffin for breakfast. Pizza with naan bread, mozerella and veggies for lunch. Dinner was baked chicken drumsticks, sauted kale and pasta with sauce. A neighbor sent over some bread pudding for our desert. Delicious.

I swept floors, washed all the floors, spent time working on recerrtification, made meals, picked up clutter and relaxed today.

Regards,
JGomez
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

JGomez

Hope you can take a deep breath and relax. It is crazy how government works, but it will work out okay

Stay safe and warm!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:45 pm Update

Well another day is almost done and I have just done the bare minimum, just what I had written on my daily to do list. Two days in a row of being a sloth!!! I think that could be a record.

I decided that I wanted to get more of my knitting done so I have been concentrating on that. Still it is moving slowly and since the shawl/blanket is getting so large I have to rest my wrist every so often.

I did get out for a short walk. The sun felt awesome on my face and the fresh air cleared my sinuses. A big plus in my books.

I was told that one of the second hand stores had some new winter jackets (tag still on) and I think I will make a trip early tomorrow to see if there is one I could use. My other jacket is 5 years old and the zipper could go at anytime. I will check what prices they are selling them for. If it works out to be less expensive than putting a new zipper in the coat I have, I will purchase one. Still buying from a second hand store will be withing my challenge guidelines.

I had a bit of a scare a few days ago. One of the wacko's that our oldest reports on was saying they got a nasty email from someone here. They hinted it was from us, so I have been busy locking down all my social media platforms that are known about. Eldest even has had some hackers checking on what I should do. There was only one thing they recommended me doing and I did that last night. I also think I will be adding a VPN to my computer in order to confuse things further. Hopefully I don't get emails or nasty posts on my Facebook or real life things in the mail. Needless to say neither Hubby or I sent that email and neither did oldest son.
Oh Jackie..that nonsense with the crazies is never ending. I am so sorry you have to deal with it.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Goodnight all. Hope all have a peaceful and warm nignt.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:20 pm Your acquaintance sounds like she's on the spectrum.
I have thought of that but I don't know. I'll have to do some more reading. She does LIKE to tell people, "I may have a learning disability but I am not stupid." I wouldn't say she is but she is limited in how she learns and how/if she retains any of it.

She does have a large anger problem but can also be very nice. It's that the bad outweighs the good and with my background? I don't deal well when violent words are tossed around.

Thanks for giving me an idea and I will start doing some research reading.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.