Daily Check In February 4, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 4, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:21 pm So I apologize in advance if there is any mindlesss swearing in this post.

I NEVER, literally go shopping on the weekends. Once in every other blue moon a pick up perhaps. I do occasionall eat out on the weekend with family but nothing else. Well beteen the lock in and the first nice day and ging out of a few necessties, I went out.

I will not be the same for quite awhile I ell you. Going out among the people ont he weekend is truly, highly stressfun.AND Walmart had literally no eggs, so then I had to go to Kroger where I did get three dozen vital farm eggs and would have gotten more but didn't want to be on anyone's hoarder list.

Between that and a couple other adventures my day is shot crafting wise I think. I may just read and knit this evening and that's it. I will dedicate tomorrow post church to a large slow cooker of beef stroganoff, my sewing studio and nothing else.

End of my whining for the day.
It has been awhile since I have shopped in Walmart or a grocery store on the weekend, but remember very well the crush. I feel your pain.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:56 pm I’m very sorry about your mother. The fact that your sister would post it on Facebook but not call you is totally a disgrace. Unbelievable! I would scream at her if I was you - but you probably have more self control than I have.
I don't know - she ticks me off to no end, she really does - but I feel sorry for her too - how can someone have no drive to do anything, no desire to be decent to others? She stomps around my parents house, throwing herself like she owns the place and playing the victim - it's very, VERY weird.

She says she doesn't work because she CAN'T work for less than $20 an hour. I happen to know better. Minimum wage here is $14.20. Would it be EASY to make it on that? NO. Would it be FUN? NO. Is it DOABLE? YES. But you can't drive 120 miles to get your nails done and go out to eat every day. I call LAZY. If it isn't EASY, she doesn't want to do it.

No self respect. At the very least, she should be CHEERFULLY caring for my parents and "doing everything" in exchange for her bread and board.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:21 pm So I apologize in advance if there is any mindlesss swearing in this post.

I NEVER, literally go shopping on the weekends. Once in every other blue moon a pick up perhaps. I do occasionall eat out on the weekend with family but nothing else. Well beteen the lock in and the first nice day and ging out of a few necessties, I went out.

I will not be the same for quite awhile I ell you. Going out among the people ont he weekend is truly, highly stressfun.AND Walmart had literally no eggs, so then I had to go to Kroger where I did get three dozen vital farm eggs and would have gotten more but didn't want to be on anyone's hoarder list.

Between that and a couple other adventures my day is shot crafting wise I think. I may just read and knit this evening and that's it. I will dedicate tomorrow post church to a large slow cooker of beef stroganoff, my sewing studio and nothing else.

End of my whining for the day.
I know how you feel. I stick to my small town store and deliveries.

The last time I was in an HEB was last year. I was with my sisters and we were going somewhere in the city. OMG - that place was shoulder to shoulder - so many people. One lady even got mad at me cuz I wasn't walking fast enough in the crosswalk. Hello I am a pedestrian. I have the right of way. Settle down.

Too crazy there. I can't believe I used to go there weekly. But that was years ago.

Don't go when school lets out either - stores get packed then too.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:37 pm I don't know - she ticks me off to no end, she really does - but I feel sorry for her too - how can someone have no drive to do anything, no desire to be decent to others? She stomps around my parents house, throwing herself like she owns the place and playing the victim - it's very, VERY weird.

She says she doesn't work because she CAN'T work for less than $20 an hour. I happen to know better. Minimum wage here is $14.20. Would it be EASY to make it on that? NO. Would it be FUN? NO. Is it DOABLE? YES. But you can't drive 120 miles to get your nails done and go out to eat every day. I call LAZY. If it isn't EASY, she doesn't want to do it.

No self respect. At the very least, she should be CHEERFULLY caring for my parents and "doing everything" in exchange for her bread and board.
OMG - any job is better than nothing. Why can't she work for less than that? And how are your parents able to provide for her? Any money she brought in would help them all.

I do hope your mom is okay and gets better. I'm sure she is under a lot of stress.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, I hope your mom is going to be okay. And your sister better hope like heck that your parents never show any neglect while she's using their money to "take care" of them.

Quilter, wild horses generally could not get me into our local Walmart Market, although the gas station there is fine.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

The Kroger was not much better

Sheila, I don't understand your sister either. Most of us have some kind of mobitavtion to do something with our lives even if it's to take gap years and see the world or whatever. I am sorry about your mom.

Clem, and all. It's stores in general and traffic, not just walmart. Kroger was no better. If I had not been desperate for pain medicine, eggs and denture care I would have ordered in every meal for thenext two days and waited till Monday.

WE have an HEB coming that will be close enough for me to visit. 20 minutes away, but where my daughter lives so I willbe able to visit one for the first time.

Since I was actually in the store and not doing picku I got a pile of things to add to my girl scout cookies coffee hour since I am far overdue in this area of contribution. We are building our own little pantry at the church, and I still need to shop for that.