Daily Check In February 4, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In February 4, 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

We had a couple of times of Charlee needing potty breaks in the middle of the night. I think it was more about checking a sound she heard that going potty. In any case, that meant we slept in REALLY, REALLY late. It was lovely!

A friend of mine (the one who gave me the Chicken Marakesh Recipe) and I had Facebook facetime talk for an hour and a half! She is having some problems in the new disabled seniors' housing she moved into and her 17 year old kitty is on her last legs. I feel so badly for her. I am mostly distressed for her that Miss Lucy is sick but she is 17 plus years old. So Sharon is just having to do her best and see how it all works out.

I am just now getting a cup of coffee! It's too late in the day, should have happened earlier but I didn't want to stop our chat just to be a caffeine fiend. It sure is hitting the spot though. Nice!

As Jackie has said, our weather has warmed up significantly. I am very happy about that BUT I will always be plugging in the Van's two heaters, block heater and battery blanket. I just now checked the weather and we are not predicted for rain but some snow. It will be hovering around freezing point of 32F until Thursday so that makes me a very happy camper!

I have to do some writing in my date book to keep on track of what I've been doing. I figure when I do get some groceries, I'll start recording it all. I never have because when the money is out? The money is out. Thank HEAVENS there is no rent increase this year but I'm kind of expecting maybe in the neighborhood of $40/month increase for next year. That will be an OUCH but living where I do makes me happy and I am always happy, and it's my biggest life priority, to feel SAFE and I do where I live now.

Charlee girl and I had hot dogs for lunch (just tiny bites for her) and she is now ensconced on the end of the recliners foot rest. At one point this morning, I hadn't put the foot part up and she pawed at it and barked at me to let me know that it was a totally unacceptable position. So, I have been schooled!

My little sister, Ellen, has her birthday on February 22. I got her a lovely LUGS brand bag on Facebook Marketplace, it's practically brand new, a lovely raspberry color. I got that for her sometime in the summer and had hoped to send it for Christmas but with mailing costs being what they are, I had to wait. As I was scanning through Marketplace in the middle of January, I found a gorgeous wallet that matches with the raspberry in a lovely pattern. I am going to send it off using the little moolah I will get from hanging out with Charlee this weekend. I figure it will be about $30 to mail it. OUCH! I'm hoping it won't cost more! YIKES!

Supper tonight is the cheesy jalapeno bread I got at the Bread Bank when I went for lunch yesterday. It is so good! BUT I have one little problem. She is hairy and cute and thinks she gets to eat ALL people food. Not jalapeno peppers little Charlee girl!!

I was on the chat with Sharon when I could see that the spy balloon had been shot down. It had floated over Alaska, Canada and the USA. They just had some generals on saying that they had worked with the Canadian Military tracking it and most likely it was jammed almost from when it crossed into North American Airspace. They named some special unit of the government that has only computer jamming and such as their gig. I'm pretty sure they'd have gotten that done. Canada and the USA have a very integrated military and there are EXCELLENT hackers out there that could jam that up quite well. The good thing is they will be able to recover the components from the ocean and assess and learn from them. President Biden had ordered it to be shot down on Wednesday was the report but the military didn't want to risk the cost that might happen with debris over the airspace and commercial airliners plus people on the ground. That kinda says to me, if they weren't "worried" about them collecting data that they had already disabled it through jamming it. That's good. This isn't the first time but it appears to be the first time that the GQP decided to freak out about it and say how incompetent President Biden is when dealing with China. UGH! :roll: Anything they can say before they are clued in as to what is actually happening. Crickeys!

So, today and tomorrow, Charlee and I will watch the news, movies tonight and goodies like hot dogs and maybe some ripple chips to go along with them. Coffee and Diet Pepsi are also going to happen today and tomorrow! :mrgreen:

It's been a lovely day so far!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ and of course, Charlee, the Diva, has to be recognized too! LOL
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:44 pm Just found out from DD who saw it on Facebook that my mother is back in hospital with "a very bad infection". My sister deliberately tells me nothing because she is mad she "has to do everything" - well hello - you live off the parents' social security so you do everything - I don't care. I work a full time job plus multiple side hustles plus I'm sick myself - plus I don't LIVE THERE - sheesh!!!

Also found out my parents' last donkey died - I'm not upset about that - they needed donkeys like they needed a hole in the head. My brother said that my sister probably killed the donkey to feed her dogs - now that is indeed a sick thing to say but I had to have a bit of a chuckle from it.

I was not able to nap today - I would nod off then wake right back up - very annoying so I got up. I walked to Walgreens to pick up a prescription. My breathing is better but still have soreness in my chest cavity.

I also fed the outdoor cats - found two of them snug in their shelters inside the shed - the third one came up from the cellar to eat under the front porch. The fourth one has taken up residence with my neighbor - he is obviously mad at us over his vet visit, lol.

I told the kiddos supper gets served at 6 - they are excited - I haven't cooked a meal for all of us since Christmas - it will be nice. They are going to walk all the dogs after we eat. I am a little bit restless and bored - but I will survive. I may color or work on my puzzle to see if I can settle down.
I’m very sorry about your mother. The fact that your sister would post it on Facebook but not call you is totally a disgrace. Unbelievable! I would scream at her if I was you - but you probably have more self control than I have.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Sheila,
don't let your sister guilt you. You are doing all you can and you have to take care of yourself.

That is sad about the donkey but nothing lives forever. You are correct though, your parents don't need donkeys or anything else to deal with.

Watching coverage of the spy balloon, I hope they can retrieve all of the hardware. I know we will never know the full extent of info that was gathered but I would love to know what they were able to access.

I have a slight sinus headache...weather related, I am sure.
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I got all the household tasks on my list done early this morning. Did not bake.... Procrastinating big time.

I have done a bit of knitting and while watching the British comedy Miranda. It is hilarious.

Made the salad for supper tonight, and will soon pull out the rest of the meal to warm up a bit before putting the rice in the microwave.

Working on our list for little fix-it jobs this spring and summer. I think that I have got enough down for the seasons, and hopefully they all get completed. most will not take that long to do. I would love to add tree trimming, but am not sure about that. There are a couple of closet doors that could use some new handles as well.

I know Hubby wants to redo the dining room table as well so that will be on the list as well.

Painting the walls and ceiling will wait for another year. Get the outside done first over a couple of years and some of the simpler things done inside. Much of what needs to be done we actually have the items necessary to do so.

Next up is lists of what I need to down size. The one thing I know I will have problems with is my books.... Both novels and cookbooks. Though I supposed I could scan and put on thumb drives then give them away or try to sell.

My mind is spinning and that is not a good thing as I start getting anxious and stressed out.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:44 pm Just found out from DD who saw it on Facebook that my mother is back in hospital with "a very bad infection". My sister deliberately tells me nothing because she is mad she "has to do everything" - well hello - you live off the parents' social security so you do everything - I don't care. I work a full time job plus multiple side hustles plus I'm sick myself - plus I don't LIVE THERE - sheesh!!!

Also found out my parents' last donkey died - I'm not upset about that - they needed donkeys like they needed a hole in the head. My brother said that my sister probably killed the donkey to feed her dogs - now that is indeed a sick thing to say but I had to have a bit of a chuckle from it.

I was not able to nap today - I would nod off then wake right back up - very annoying so I got up. I walked to Walgreens to pick up a prescription. My breathing is better but still have soreness in my chest cavity.

I also fed the outdoor cats - found two of them snug in their shelters inside the shed - the third one came up from the cellar to eat under the front porch. The fourth one has taken up residence with my neighbor - he is obviously mad at us over his vet visit, lol.

I told the kiddos supper gets served at 6 - they are excited - I haven't cooked a meal for all of us since Christmas - it will be nice. They are going to walk all the dogs after we eat. I am a little bit restless and bored - but I will survive. I may color or work on my puzzle to see if I can settle down.
I do hope it isn't too serious with your Mom, and that she gets better very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

So I apologize in advance if there is any mindlesss swearing in this post.

I NEVER, literally go shopping on the weekends. Once in every other blue moon a pick up perhaps. I do occasionall eat out on the weekend with family but nothing else. Well beteen the lock in and the first nice day and ging out of a few necessties, I went out.

I will not be the same for quite awhile I ell you. Going out among the people ont he weekend is truly, highly stressfun.AND Walmart had literally no eggs, so then I had to go to Kroger where I did get three dozen vital farm eggs and would have gotten more but didn't want to be on anyone's hoarder list.

Between that and a couple other adventures my day is shot crafting wise I think. I may just read and knit this evening and that's it. I will dedicate tomorrow post church to a large slow cooker of beef stroganoff, my sewing studio and nothing else.

End of my whining for the day.