Daily Check In February 4, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In February 4, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:10 pm The Kroger was not much better

Sheila, I don't understand your sister either. Most of us have some kind of mobitavtion to do something with our lives even if it's to take gap years and see the world or whatever. I am sorry about your mom.

Clem, and all. It's stores in general and traffic, not just walmart. Kroger was no better. If I had not been desperate for pain medicine, eggs and denture care I would have ordered in every meal for thenext two days and waited till Monday.

WE have an HEB coming that will be close enough for me to visit. 20 minutes away, but where my daughter lives so I willbe able to visit one for the first time.

Since I was actually in the store and not doing picku I got a pile of things to add to my girl scout cookies coffee hour since I am far overdue in this area of contribution. We are building our own little pantry at the church, and I still need to shop for that.
Now - HEB is a great store. I hope you will love it. But darn, all the neat stuff they have - just keep throwing it in the cart - lol. Too tempting.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter

San Antonio used to have Kroger stores. Where I lived there was an HEB and a Kroger right across the road. If you didn't find it in one - go across.

But over the years, HEB basically took over and Kroger left town.

They are sort of making a comeback. They have delivery trucks going out and about now - even here in my small town.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:21 pm So I apologize in advance if there is any mindlesss swearing in this post.

I NEVER, literally go shopping on the weekends. Once in every other blue moon a pick up perhaps. I do occasionall eat out on the weekend with family but nothing else. Well beteen the lock in and the first nice day and ging out of a few necessties, I went out.

I will not be the same for quite awhile I ell you. Going out among the people ont he weekend is truly, highly stressfun.AND Walmart had literally no eggs, so then I had to go to Kroger where I did get three dozen vital farm eggs and would have gotten more but didn't want to be on anyone's hoarder list.

Between that and a couple other adventures my day is shot crafting wise I think. I may just read and knit this evening and that's it. I will dedicate tomorrow post church to a large slow cooker of beef stroganoff, my sewing studio and nothing else.

End of my whining for the day.
The thing I love be about my small Publix is that it is almost never busy even on weekends. My mom always said she wondered how they stay in business. There are a lot of nearby senior condos but still the store is not busy. Even when I move to mom’s house I’m going to continue to shop at the small Publix and not where I go to the Publix pharmacy because that is a busy tourist store.

I’ve only been in Walmart a few times since the pandemic. One time I drove into the parking lot and said No and didn’t go inside. I’d rather pay more at Publix.

Relax the rest of the evening. I don’t know if you drink wine but I’d say have a glass of wine.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I just watched a good movie called Edie. It is British. It is about an 83-year-old woman who climbs a mountain in Scotland. I’m watching some of the films on my Amazon watchlist before I quit Amazon in two weeks.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I am beyond thrilled that the kiddos were very happy with their dinner and enjoyed it a lot. They thanked me several times and they ate a lot! There is a small piece of steak left for each of them for tomorrow.

We had a nice conversation and meal together - a lot of talk about our weird weather and memories of different seasons and holidays from years gone by. I never knew that a Christmas highlight for DD's SO when he was a child was to go out and play football in the street with his cousins.

My dogs went bonkers over the smell of meat cooking all day - not something they experience on the regular. All the dogs got just a little bit of gravy/sauce on their evening meal.

We got the dishes done and DD and her SO are back in their part of the house experimenting with making muffins in their rice cooker. They said they will bring me one if they turn out okay.

I am tucked back in bed with several blankets and my dogs and the heating pad, nice and cozy. I feel more relaxed than I did earlier and am feeling hopeful for a decent night's sleep. I am worried about my parents but there is not a darn thing I can do for either one of them tonight. I'm sure my sister does her best to convince them she is the only one who cares about them.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:44 pm Just found out from DD who saw it on Facebook that my mother is back in hospital with "a very bad infection". My sister deliberately tells me nothing because she is mad she "has to do everything" - well hello - you live off the parents' social security so you do everything - I don't care. I work a full time job plus multiple side hustles plus I'm sick myself - plus I don't LIVE THERE - sheesh!!!

Also found out my parents' last donkey died - I'm not upset about that - they needed donkeys like they needed a hole in the head. My brother said that my sister probably killed the donkey to feed her dogs - now that is indeed a sick thing to say but I had to have a bit of a chuckle from it.
Sheila,

You and I have a lot in common! How terrible to have to find out about your Mom on FACEBOOK! Good cripes! That's the kind of stuff I've put up with for decades. It's family. I'm sorry this has happened to you.

At Christmas, my sister tried to "mend" the family by trying to get *ME* to make "amends." I told her it wasn't my choice to be on the outside. That was Nori's choice and I couldn't invade her choices and decisions. I have nothing to do with it. I get messages from my cousin, Dan, in Nashville when he hears what's going on in the family as he knows I won't hear about it.

The things we have to deal with because of childhood and family. Sigh.

I hope your mother will be okay. AND if the doggos are eating donkey? I hope they don't get sick!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.