Daily Check In February 5, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In February 5, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

Well I finished my tax return. The good news is that I’m getting a pretty big refund. But I really didn’t care for this tax prep software. For being low income, I have some weird items that show up from my mutual funds and broker. Well it is done and now I can relax. My good friend is a CPA and has said for years that the tax code is way too complicated and I agree.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:45 am Good Morning,
I have been pretty productive so far this AM. I got up, stripped the bed and threw them in the washer. I was able to move them to the dryer before Mass. I attended Mass, bought only the usual coffee at the Gourmet grocery store and avoided visiting the free coffee and donuts for Catholic Schools week after Church. I now have a spaghetti squash in my air fryer.

As far as taxes, my Dad always did his own and my 6th grade Social studies teacher created a unit on doing our taxes. He went and got the previous years forms, paired us up, gave us jobs and salaries, allowed us to choose features of our house (like I remember a pool. My partner wanted the pool. I tired to say no since I lived in a house with a pool and felt it was way too much work. LOL) Assigned us a number of kids and then had us fill out the forms.

I am hoping I get my last form at my investment club meeting tomorrow evening. I do not qualify for free prep and filing. The past several years I have used H&R Block. Then I get irritated because in Ohio we can file state online for free and Block is always offering to sell the state version.

The rest of the day is mine as after my lunch I visited DS1 & family since I was literally in the neighborhood. I think DDIL is winging her ways towards Florida's way. She has a great uncle there and a convention this week. But when i got there, I went in, grabbed the cordless vacuum they have hanging on the wall, switched the accessories and finally vacuumed the broken Oyster crackers of DS's car off the floor of the back seat. LOL. He had a small piece of his taillight broker. There is a piece of silver duct take over it. I will order a new tail light and he can install it for letting me use the car.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Your DDIL is going to have beautiful weather here!

Phoebe will be here to greet her. (Like many, I’m not really a fan of the name but I love the flamingo.)

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/arts-culture/2023-01-06/tampa-international-airport-giant-flamingo-name
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:48 am My son and daughter in law are visiting, I have been busy visiting.

Penny
Enjoy your family time!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Having a lazy day here. Doing a little laundry..but that is about it.
Lots of branches down from the wind the other night. We will deal with that in early Spring.
Have a nice Sunday!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Trees, I am having a lazy day too. I did mix up a batch of molasses cookie dough and two trays will be going into the oven soon.

It is such a nice day, DD and her SO have borrowed my little grocery cart and walked to the store to get their fruit and milk and whatnot for the week. They said they are looking forward to steak leftovers when they get home - makes me happy that they appreciate my cooking. I am just looking forward to a couple of warm from the oven cookies!!

The kiddos said my parents were doing alright - true to form, my mother was discussing the various hospital personnel in terms of what color/nationality she assumed them to be - "that black nurse", "that Chinese doctor"... drives DD and her SO bananas - but what are you going to do?

Off to put my cookies into the oven.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

They are showing Meg Ryan movies - When Harry Met Sally and You've Got Mail. My favorites.

Very nice day her. We are in the low 70s.

I was able to take a nice hot shower without freezing when I got out. Even with a separate heater in the bathroom - it gets chilly in cold weather. High ceilings I guess cause that.

We are all comfy here. Can't believe the COD is still in bed. He usually takes off to go to "church" on Sunday afternoon.