Daily Check In February 5, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In February 5, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I have been pretty productive so far this AM. I got up, stripped the bed and threw them in the washer. I was able to move them to the dryer before Mass. I attended Mass, bought only the usual coffee at the Gourmet grocery store and avoided visiting the free coffee and donuts for Catholic Schools week after Church. I now have a spaghetti squash in my air fryer.

As far as taxes, my Dad always did his own and my 6th grade Social studies teacher created a unit on doing our taxes. He went and got the previous years forms, paired us up, gave us jobs and salaries, allowed us to choose features of our house (like I remember a pool. My partner wanted the pool. I tired to say no since I lived in a house with a pool and felt it was way too much work. LOL) Assigned us a number of kids and then had us fill out the forms.

I am hoping I get my last form at my investment club meeting tomorrow evening. I do not qualify for free prep and filing. The past several years I have used H&R Block. Then I get irritated because in Ohio we can file state online for free and Block is always offering to sell the state version.

The rest of the day is mine as after my lunch I visited DS1 & family since I was literally in the neighborhood. I think DDIL is winging her ways towards Florida's way. She has a great uncle there and a convention this week. But when i got there, I went in, grabbed the cordless vacuum they have hanging on the wall, switched the accessories and finally vacuumed the broken Oyster crackers of DS's car off the floor of the back seat. LOL. He had a small piece of his taillight broker. There is a piece of silver duct take over it. I will order a new tail light and he can install it for letting me use the car.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My son and daughter in law are visiting, I have been busy visiting.

Penny
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I slept well and have been up and getting some things done while watching my Sunday shows. I had some handwash to do and it is done and hung on hangers outside on the lines.
Robo-vac has done its thing and next up is bringing wood in and I need to run a duster around the tabletops. That may wait till tomorrow as I really don't like to do stuff like that on Sunday.
I still have a slight sinus headache, pretty sure it is the weather. It is sunny but windy once again.
I need to get my list made for errands tomorrow. I also need to put the craft stuff away and clean that area really well.
Might groom and water plants.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I was snoozing away this morning when Lily Dog jumped on my chest, which is how she announces that she'd like to get up since we trained her to not jump off the bed. DH scooped her up and I went back to sleep for a while.

It's sunny and a little breezy today. I hope that's going to dry the ground a bit, as the yard badly needs a good raking.

DH is working on our taxes. I expect a blue cloud of profanity and lots of stomping around in his home office. This is the annual routine.

Today I have Sunday chores and have to get the dusting done that I did not get to the other day. We are going out for pizza tonight at a local place that is reasonably priced and good, so I don't have to cook until tomorrow.

This week's menu planning will kick off with roasted chicken, as we have a lot of that in the freezer, with green beans and baked potatoes. Need to bake some more bran muffins, probably with apple this time, and there's some long-frozen fish at the bottom of the freezer to cook for the dogs.

Sheila, I am glad your mom is out of the hospital. Hope everyone has a good day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I've thought about my taxes, but that is about it.

I'm usually ready to get them done before they start accepting them. So far this year I haven't received any documents. I had to get online to see my military retirement 1099.

Its there but I didn't print it out.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:30 am Floridacat, last week I spoke with a coworker who lives on social security and works just 12 hours per week. She was charged $250 to get her taxes done!!! That just about broke my heart.
This is SO sad. I've been doing my own taxes since I started working and feel super bad because hers were so easy. I know it's too late now, but tell her for next year that she should call the local library or the local village office because they have services here in NY where they will do people's taxes for free. They only have to make an appointment.

I don't file electronically but I could have done hers in 5 minutes on a paper copy.