Daily Check In February 6, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 6, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In February 6, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I did not sleep at all well last night. I fell asleep quickly, but woke up at around 1 am and couldn't fall back asleep. So, in order not to keep Hubby awake, I made the journey to the couch with my book. Didn't do so well sleeping there either, I might be functioning on very little sleep. That could mean this day will be a let's drink coffee day.

I have the usual Monday task list of laundry, dusting, vacuuming, tidying the bedrooms, deep cleaning kitchen sinks and counters, deep cleaning the bathroom, mopping floors (this week it will be adding in a couple of surface areas), some extra cleaning (easy things today I hope) and moving the recycle bin in and the garbage bin out..... Lots of time to hopefully rest between tasks.

I started some decluttering last night. I went through all the baking pans, some of the oldest were tossed, some were put aside for donation or to give to youngest DS and some were put back into the collection. I will probably have to go through them again, but it is a start.

I think my extra cleaning for today will be washing down the doors, and straightening/cleaning the kitchen drawers. Should take a bit of time.

Frugally no money will be spent, I will be, as usual using items up. I am almost finished the knitting project and will hopefully be casting on for the sweater I want to knit next tonight. Since I have worked pretty much non stop on the blanket/shawl once it is completed I will do some sewing in the afternoons. Perhaps even some label making for the sewing/craft room and another bit of a pick up and put away in there.

There was just enough sausage left for Hubby to have for lunch today, I will have the remains of the mushroom soup.

Supper tonight will be the container of chili from the chest freezer. I will probably make some toast to go along with it.

So that is pretty much my whole boring day. Nothing really ever changes here, so perhaps that is why I am already thinking and planning for a move that probably won't take place for a number of years.

Today I am grateful for the warmth of my coffee cup in my hands.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, it’s fortunate that you’ve done so much decluttering over the years. I think that several years you decluttered 500+ items.

I slept well. It is already sunny and will be in the 70s today.

I’ll first go to Salvation Army and give the items in my car trunk. Lowes charged my credit card yesterday for the microwave which makes me think it may arrive at the store sooner than the expected Feb. 13 arrival date. I want to have my trunk clear.

I plan to get gas and pick up my Rx at Publix. On Wednesday I’m planning a day trip so I want a full tank of gas.

I’ll go to mom’s house and do something. I already have three bags of yard debris. I may rake behind the bougainvillea. (With no special care, my bougainvillea looks better than the one I saw at Sunken Gardens. The most beautiful bougainvillea I ever saw, however, was at a shopping area in Sarasota called St. Armand's Key. Super gorgeous.)

I’m still procrastinating on getting the house ready to move. Later this week at our HOA meeting I’m going to talk with a retired painter, however.

I have been thinking for awhile of ordering a puzzle with Pippi’s picture. With my IRS windfall I think I’ll do it today.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Today is going to be a mild day but cloudy; don't expect to see much sun.

I did sleep well last night and in fact slept 7 hours straight through. Wish I could do that on a regular basis.

Morning routine is complete. I have an errand to run this morning and my Monday morning chat. My coloring group session was cancelled this week. After my chat I typically eat lunch so with no coloring, the rest of the day will most probably be spent reading. I"m also going to start a pantry replenishment list so that I can keep an eye out for sales on the items I'm using up.

I'm waiting for an HDMI extender so that I can connect a Roku streaming stick to my TV. The design of my TV doesn't allow me to insert it in the open slot remaining and I can't exchange it with either of the two currently plugged in the side slots because their cords are super thick and not flexible enough to bend them so that I can fit the HDMI into the slot. It should arrive some time today.

Dinner tonight is tacos and I'm really looking forward to them. One day I'm thinking about making myself some enchiladas.

Oh well, that's all for now. Have a good day all
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Y'all are all up and busy already. I slept in a bit but now have our old Ollie Cat in my lap while I drink some coffee.

Today I need to do Monday chores and make a fill-in trip to the store for sandwich bread and for baby food for giving the dog her pills.

Hope you all have a good and safe day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept well, until I didn't - lol. Had to take Silent Pup out at 5am. I'm going to have to start taking him out at 10 or so, that way he will sleep through the night.

We fell asleep but woke up at 7 and just tossed and turned. My tummy wasn't feeling well either. This darn acid reflux/GERD.

It is gloomy outside, but is supposed to brighten up later. Will be in the 70s.

Good temp - I will be hating the summer temps - :mrgreen:

Have a great day.