Daily Check-in February 7, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-in February 7, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Update

Finally got my Roku Streaming Stick hooked up. The extender worked better than I thought it was going to.

Yesterday, my sister was talking to her daughter and her daughter told her that they had taken A, to the park. I don't recall whether she had mentioned that A was on the slide or a swing, but apparently a little girl walked up to him and said, Hi, I'm 5. I love you. A walked over to his mother and said I think I made a new friend.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The gloomy day continues. It even rained. Thank goodness the COD mowed the yard.

And then I got a text from the local hospital - I have a new bill - :mrgreen:

How exciting. I wondered when they were going to contact me about my ER visit. I have never been in a "regular" hospital, but I thought it was weird that they gave me my discharge packet and said goodbye. Didn't tell me to go to the billing area or anything.

But then it was kind of a mess in there. The ER area was being remodeled. Plastic sheets hanging down to block the dust - I couldn't even find my way out.

With my military insurance, I do have a co-pay for doctor visits, so hopefully this isn't too much. I'll log in and check it tomorrow.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Yes, it willb e colder tomorrow and gray again and possibly rainy here as well. I have an appointment at three, but other than that I will remain in the old abode.

Florida, I agree that life is too short at my age for depressing movies. I had thought of seeing the Banchees of Whatever, but I dunno. I have never seen Parasite for example and have no desire. I would like to see the Fablemans and Elvis in theater if I can. The other Everywhere and so on and so forth holds no interest at all.

Gonna do some things until about four, then do a quick vacuum and get the stuff for my dinner ready so I just have to zap it do leg strengh and then take a shower. We'll see how this realy bedtime plan works.

A couple TMI things

Thanks to my childhood jaw shattering accident and all the advancing years. I only have about five of my own teeth. One is so loose it wants to fall out, which will require me adding a tooth to my bridge (and maybe getting a one after that. I really need this to not happen until closer to march but I will start making calls now.

Also, I purchased a portable bidet. Meaning I got a very large bottle that's kind of like a peri bottle (I did not get the one that goes into the water by the toilet because cold. I want warm). We'll see how it goes. I'm getting a bunch of dishcloths and not sure if using or cutting in half, and will do the same with old flannel. I live alone so I can leave something in the bathroom, but I can also move it if people come over.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:26 pm Update

Finally got my Roku Streaming Stick hooked up. The extender worked better than I thought it was going to.

Yesterday, my sister was talking to her daughter and her daughter told her that they had taken A, to the park. I don't recall whether she had mentioned that A was on the slide or a swing, but apparently a little girl walked up to him and said, Hi, I'm 5. I love you. A walked over to his mother and said I think I made a new friend.
I hope that you enjoy your Roku Streaming Stick. I love mine. I know that you watch YouTube and I do too. So be sure to add it to the Roku (if it is not already there) and you can watch YouTube on your TV.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Quilter, I don't have a bidet but i do use family cloth, cheap used wash cloths work well also. Flannel is nice. :D
I made brown sugar/garlic chicken on top of the woodstove, it turned out very nice. I placed it in an enamel pan, sauced it, and covered it with foil and turned a matching pan over it to make it a sort of roaster. Since I have had the woodstove going on a very low, slow burn it worked well.
It has been sunny most of the day, still not really warm but great sweatshirt over a sweater weather. I have checked on my bees a couple times today, they are cleaning their hive.
I have all of the house chores done and plenty of wood in, too much mud to walk the property :( but I see a bunch of limbs and sticks down. It will be a busy time this spring.
Supper will be chicken, mashed potatoes and salad.
Tomorrow will be supper with family, I will be taking the requested granola to them then.
I still have not started the 2nd craft idea, maybe if the weather turns cold, nasty again I will get the urge.
Off to watch some news.
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The sun shone for the entire day, which is absolutely wonderful. Lots of light and solar heating.

I got all the little tasks completed today and even got all the mending completed. I moved on to knitting on the sweater. So far just about an inch done of the three inches of ribbing I need. Hopeful of getting that part done by the end of tonight.

No sewing today, but there is always tomorrow. Slowly getting projects completed and thinking of what new projects I want to do after I finish these.

I was down pulling some bagels out of the chest freezer and noticed my Cabbage Bread/Buns. They have been in there for awhile so I decided it was best if I used them up before the chicken.

Did a bit more on the decluttering front. Mostly from the top of the desk. I will continue with the drawers either tonight or tomorrow.

A very quiet day, and last I checked Hubby had finished his second puzzle of the winter. I will be looking to purchase a few more so he can stay busy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/