Daily Check-in February 7, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in February 7, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It is a bright, sunny day here. Perfect weather. I slept fairly well. I woke up at least two times but went back to sleep fairly fast.

Today will be a lazy day. I plan to call for an appointment with a podiatrist. My toes are a mess but I’m not sure if a podiatrist can help. Mom went to three or four podiatrists and neither of us was impressed. My fairly new neighbor’s daughter and son-in-law are both podiatrists here locally so that is who I’ll call. I may soak my feet today. My feet got very tired yesterday.

I may go to my bank safe deposit box and get out my three remaining EE savings bonds. The last one matured this month and the two others matured last month. So they will no longer earn interest. I’ll cash them at the bank and then put the money into my insurance/travel sinking fund account. If I don’t go today, I’ll go later this week.

I’m also interested to hear JGomez’s report on 80 for Brady. I’ll rent it when it gets to Redbox. I hope my cousins in RI go to see it. They are huge Brady fans from his years with the Patriots.

Not much else.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

MJ, your so called Friend J is what is called a toxic person, there is no way you can reach her.

You might have to just ignore her.

I had a friend like that once I had to tell her no, I don't know how many times.

This friend was a night owl. She would call Saturday night about 10 pm to see if I could take her to church in the morning. She woke me up most times. I told her no.

After 2 or 3 times of my saying no she stopped calling. Once she wanted me to take her to H-E-B to grocery shopping. I took her, but when she finished instead of looking for me she went to sit in the deli sitting area. I never took her shopping again.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Slept well. Silent Pup didn't have to get up in the middle of the night. They didn't go out until 7.

I've already had my coffee and it didn't settle well in my tummy. I need to stop drinking it. But such a good way to start the day - especially on cool mornings like today.

It is cool outside and I had to open a window since I was too warm in my flannel pajamas. Feels much better now. Day started sunny, but now the clouds are back

Rain is in the forecast. We shall see.

Have a great day all.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning I have iced my knee, showered and dressed gathered and put out the trash.

I put out a lot of trash. 3 bags and a tray from a flat of water.

I have a lot to go up to the club room. My son will help me get it there.

I have a denim dress wash in the dryer and a white wash in the washer.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

The earthquakes in Turkey and Syria are a tragedy. I never thought much about Turkey until following some UK YouTubers who got stuck there during Covid and traveled all around the country. It’s a beautiful country with friendly people. I know so many of the buildings are old and unstable and now the weather is bad for the rescue. Really sad.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:40 am The earthquakes in Turkey and Syria are a tragedy. I never thought much about Turkey until following some UK YouTubers who got stuck there during Covid and traveled all around the country. It’s a beautiful country with friendly people. I know so many of the buildings are old and unstable and now the weather is bad for the rescue. Really sad.
My grand-niece was stationed at Incirlik - air force base there. She liked it.

I read that the earthquake was felt there, but no damage.

Yes it is terrible how many people they have found dead. How many more...