Daily Check-in February 7, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Daily Check-in February 7, 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

Off to get my espresso!

Back in a few. . .

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in February 7, 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I didn't sleep much last night and was up late talking to Zoe. I got up a little after 5 am which means I know there is a nap going to be had sometime this morning or afternoon. I know I have things to do around the house but just feel too "meh" to have the mojo for much.

I told you last week that I had written that reference letter and didn't recommend the person because their vocabulary was about 6th grade and when she didn't understand a word, she always went to it meaning you were angry at her or something. WELL! I had a confirmation of that yesterday. We were just chatting on Facebook Messenger. She says, "I went to this dentist," with a photo of the office building. I replied, "Oh! They have been there forever." She then asks me what I mean. ???? I guess I wasn't clear? Anyhoo, I came back and said, "That dentists office has been there for a long time." We then "tried" to chat further but it was always questions like, "What do you mean?" and if was all annoying because she wasn't reading what I had said. She then said she'd like to take a nap. I said, "Have a good nap!!" WELL! Later? She said, "I'm sorry I frustrated you." I replied, "Yes, you frustrated me because you weren't reading what I wrote or paying attention." I guess that was too harsh and the wrong thing to say. HOLY SMOLY. I got this vulgar extra long (takes 5 minutes to read!) screed of swearing, telling me I am a two-faced B word and more. It brought in stuff about Abortion (????) and that I got banned on Facebook for people reporting me (no. . .) and so much more. I could believe it as I had written in her references that she doesn't handle correction or criticism well where they specifically asked about it. I guess I got schooled! In her diatribe, she proved out everything I had said in filling out the two page reference report that the Youth For Christ Ministry wanted. At the end she said she was blocking me. I did myself the favor of blocking her too. I don't need that kind of behavior when I have been hearing her say she does this stuff to other people including her mother. Now, my mother didn't/has never cared about me but I would NEVER speak to her as Jayceen has done. I don't want to be involved with that anymore. Oh! She signed off by saying, "I was only USING YOU, so you can just F off." OKay. I did.

That really upset me. It was the violent words. I wasn't such a nice person, on here, in November, and can never take that back. I have said I was sorry to all you gals and am trying to get back on my therapy plan. I can't believe I did that. BUT it is NOT a common practice of mine. I don't know where that came from that day. I have an idea it had to do with my own feelings of abandonment but that doesn't excuse my words or behavior. I was wrong. SO WRONG. Jayceen never accepts responsibility for her actions. I can't change a 30-year old woman who sees nothing that might need a tweek or two in how they manage interactions.

I just felt bad and feel bad. I wonder how wrong i was with my response about being frustrated. I think she equated being frustrated with being intensely angry which wasn't the case AT ALL. I was just frustrated with answering the same questions over and over. I should have exercised more patience knowing she has difficulty with understanding stuff. Now? I am worried she will "go off" on me at the Soup Kitchen since I will no longer be giving her rides to there or anywhere else. I can see it being her making a real scene.

I would like you gals' opinion. I really DO believe she will go off and make a huge scene at the soup kitchen on me. I was thinking of heading it off at the pass by maybe just telling the woman who is the director there that Jayceen was very angry at me and there might be difficulties so just be on the look out. I don't want problems and I don't want to stop going for lunch for one hostile person. What do you think?? Should I say that to Amanda, the director of the soup kitchen? She knows who Jayceen is and everyone pretty much who goes there. I am worried. I'd like your opinion so I don't goof up again.

Thanks for reading through this. I appreciate it. I appreciate your help too.

I might get some stuff done today, not certain.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:25 am Salut mes amis!

I didn't sleep much last night and was up late talking to Zoe. I got up a little after 5 am which means I know there is a nap going to be had sometime this morning or afternoon. I know I have things to do around the house but just feel too "meh" to have the mojo for much.

I told you last week that I had written that reference letter and didn't recommend the person because their vocabulary was about 6th grade and when she didn't understand a word, she always went to it meaning you were angry at her or something. WELL! I had a confirmation of that yesterday. We were just chatting on Facebook Messenger. She says, "I went to this dentist," with a photo of the office building. I replied, "Oh! They have been there forever." She then asks me what I mean. ???? I guess I wasn't clear? Anyhoo, I came back and said, "That dentists office has been there for a long time." We then "tried" to chat further but it was always questions like, "What do you mean?" and if was all annoying because she wasn't reading what I had said. She then said she'd like to take a nap. I said, "Have a good nap!!" WELL! Later? She said, "I'm sorry I frustrated you." I replied, "Yes, you frustrated me because you weren't reading what I wrote or paying attention." I guess that was too harsh and the wrong thing to say. HOLY SMOLY. I got this vulgar extra long (takes 5 minutes to read!) screed of swearing, telling me I am a two-faced B word and more. It brought in stuff about Abortion (????) and that I got banned on Facebook for people reporting me (no. . .) and so much more. I could believe it as I had written in her references that she doesn't handle correction or criticism well where they specifically asked about it. I guess I got schooled! In her diatribe, she proved out everything I had said in filling out the two page reference report that the Youth For Christ Ministry wanted. At the end she said she was blocking me. I did myself the favor of blocking her too. I don't need that kind of behavior when I have been hearing her say she does this stuff to other people including her mother. Now, my mother didn't/has never cared about me but I would NEVER speak to her as Jayceen has done. I don't want to be involved with that anymore. Oh! She signed off by saying, "I was only USING YOU, so you can just F off." OKay. I did.

That really upset me. It was the violent words. I wasn't such a nice person, on here, in November, and can never take that back. I have said I was sorry to all you gals and am trying to get back on my therapy plan. I can't believe I did that. BUT it is NOT a common practice of mine. I don't know where that came from that day. I have an idea it had to do with my own feelings of abandonment but that doesn't excuse my words or behavior. I was wrong. SO WRONG. Jayceen never accepts responsibility for her actions. I can't change a 30-year old woman who sees nothing that might need a tweek or two in how they manage interactions.

I just felt bad and feel bad. I wonder how wrong i was with my response about being frustrated. I think she equated being frustrated with being intensely angry which wasn't the case AT ALL. I was just frustrated with answering the same questions over and over. I should have exercised more patience knowing she has difficulty with understanding stuff. Now? I am worried she will "go off" on me at the Soup Kitchen since I will no longer be giving her rides to there or anywhere else. I can see it being her making a real scene.

I would like you gals' opinion. I really DO believe she will go off and make a huge scene at the soup kitchen on me. I was thinking of heading it off at the pass by maybe just telling the woman who is the director there that Jayceen was very angry at me and there might be difficulties so just be on the look out. I don't want problems and I don't want to stop going for lunch for one hostile person. What do you think?? Should I say that to Amanda, the director of the soup kitchen? She knows who Jayceen is and everyone pretty much who goes there. I am worried. I'd like your opinion so I don't goof up again.

MJ
Hopefully nothing comes of this, contretemps with the person... But you could just mention that she went off on you to the people in charge.

Wondering how she will get to the soup kitchen if you are not driving her????
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Still a fairly decent temperature this morning and I am looking forward to more melting happening. Kind of nice to see the snow slowly disappearing.

I finished off the shawl/blanket last night, just have to weave in a few ends (I partially do so when knitting). I pulled out the yarn to work on my sweater. It is cast on and a bit of ribbing completed. Should be a quick straight forward knitting project.

Tasks for today are cleaning the desk top (and emptying the garbage bin under it), sweeping the floors, mopping the kitchen, dining room and bathroom, putting away the clean dishes, folding the hanging clothes, bringing the bin back from the curb, and a bit of extra cleaning (though what I don't know...probably cleaning the dishwasher as it will be empty).

Today I plan on getting a couple of small sewing jobs and mending jobs completed. After those are done and taking the natural light into consideration, I may just set up my cross stitch project. We have had some lovely sunny days, perfect for stitching. I can always knit or just sew on those cloudy days. I also plan on doing a bit more tidying and decluttering. I managed to get the kitchen drawers straightened out and now I am thinking of trying to get the desk drawers (which really aren't too bad) and the small bookcase beside the desk cleared and tidied. I also need to tell Hubby to check and print our bill for the extra health coverage we carry. Slowly but surely tax info is arriving.

Frugally no money will be spent again today. I will take a short walk at some time to get some fresh air and exercise (along with my walking in the house). Another use things up day as the sweater I am knitting is using up yarn from the stash (even some bits and bobs), my sewing will be using bits of fabric from the fabric stash, and supper will be using up a bag of frozen chicken from the fridge freezer. It will be a great use things up day.

Supper tonight is going to be a chicken casserole (or what is in the bag could be turkey). I am tossing the idea of having chicken taco's (does that make sense?) in order to use up some of the tortillas I have. I will need to think on that. I have sour cream, salsa (homemade) and could grate some cheese....

Today I am grateful for all the choices I am given, and the paths that some of those choices led me down.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

MJ, not sure I can give any advice as I've never known or had to deal with someone with this type of behavior. She definitely needs help but if she were my friend, I wouldn't have the courage to tell her that. Wish I could give you something you could use, but I haven't a clue as to how to deal with this situation; sorry.

It's going to be a fair day with temp going into mid-high 30s; then clouding up with rain later this evening.

Tuesday routine almost complete; have 45 minutes of exercising left to do. Nothing special planned for today so I might see if I can find some decluttering or discarding of paper.

For dinner tonight I"m going to try something with ramen noodles making my own sauce and adding mixed veggies to it, similar to fried rice.

Well that's all for now. Have a good day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:25 am Salut mes amis!

MJ
MJ, I’m not sure whether you should pre-advise the soup kitchen leader, but if you feel comfortable with her you could do so. Do whatever feels most comfortable to you.

But the big thing is that it is J’s problem, not yours, if she throws a fit. You are a good, kind person. Do continue to go to the soup kitchen because it sounds like they have really good meals and the bread etc. available to take home. You are better off without J in your life. Be good to yourself. (I’m learning that lesson myself.) (((Hugs)))