What are we watching???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal2

What are we watching???

Post by icfrugal2 »

I thought that it would be interesting to have a thread on what we are watching.

I have DISH and Amazon Prime.

Just saw "The Whales of August" 1987 with Betty Davis, Lillian Gish, Ann Southern and Vincent Price. It was so cool seeing these famous older actors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_(2022_film) The movie "Alice" 2022

Shotgun Wedding

One of my favorite movies Marty

what are you watching?
IC
MackerelCat

Re: What are we watching???

Post by MackerelCat »

We have Amazon Prime and subscribe to Paramount Plus. Right now we're watching "1923," which is the prequel series to "Yellowstone" because we adore Helen Mirren and Harrison Ford, but the whole cast is great.

Being life-long Trekkies, we'll watch "Picard" when that returns on the 16th.

DS watches old episodes of "Criminal Minds" and "NCIS," and I will watch with him if I'm in the room, but I don't seek out much TV.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We have DirectV - all the channels

I never watch HBO or the other premium channels. I used to but now I had been on a Hallmark Channel binge.

Now I've gone back to Law and Order Episodes

Also Reba - I had no clue how crazy that show was - I'm even recording the episodes. :mrgreen:

Oh and of course Monk.

Murder She Wrote every now and then. Used to be nightly
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Right now I'm subscribed to PBS Masterpiece as my extra beyond netflix and prime so I can watch The Wall and Astrid. One French and one Canadian.

Getting ready to watch Harrision Ford and Helen Mirren. Need to get caught up on apeaky Blinders and Borgen and waiting for season two of the Lincoln Lawyer.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

At the moment, we have ESPN+ for sports (mostly hockey) and HBOMax. We did see "Elvis" and the uncut "Justice League." DH is watching some of the other DC-comics based shows. (I suspect we'll wait until "Discovery" or "Strange New Worlds" starts again before we go back to Paramount+ )

'1923' sounds interesting — would I have to watch Yellowstone first?

Otherwise, we usually watch (mostly bits) of older Trek, Stargate, Dr. Who and Iron Chef.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:48 am At the moment, we have ESPN+ for sports (mostly hockey) and HBOMax. We did see "Elvis" and the uncut "Justice League." DH is watching some of the other DC-comics based shows. (I suspect we'll wait until "Discovery" or "Strange New Worlds" starts again before we go back to Paramount+ )

'1923' sounds interesting — would I have to watch Yellowstone first?

Otherwise, we usually watch (mostly bits) of older Trek, Stargate, Dr. Who and Iron Chef.
No you don't have to watch Yellowstone first, but watching the first of 188.... something which was the first prequel would probably help.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/