GGGRRRR Proffesnalies please be careful with your words

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: GGGRRRR Proffesnalies please be careful with your words

Post by clemencia2us »

My dad had Alzheimer's and it was a good thing that my oldest brother lived with them.

My mom would never be able to control my dad when he started being violent. It is a bad disease.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I definitely agree with those who say talk to the doctor about these episodes.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

Update on DH, not good news.

DH has a wound on his ankle that is just not healing, it was healing, but has opened up again

Last Friday they started a wound Vac on it, the idea is that it will draw moisture out of the wound so that it can/will heal.

we had a 2nd option from an podiritist this week, she isn't very optimistic.

The wound vac is usually a last ditch effort.

The LVN that has been coming in 3 times a week for the past 2 months or so was telling us that she thinks that DH will have to have his foot ambulated.

Then 2 weeks ago she talked about it again and said that she had forgotten that he had already lost his other leg, (idiot!!)

DH doesn't feel that he can loss another foot or leg, but it can't happen anyway because of his CHF, no DR would operate on him.

So, we have to be very carful about any infections ect.

DH isn't happy, and neither am I of course.

IC
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

IC I am praying that this last ditch effort works for your husband.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

icfrugal2 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:27 am Update on DH, not good news.

DH has a wound on his ankle that is just not healing, it was healing, but has opened up again

Last Friday they started a wound Vac on it, the idea is that it will draw moisture out of the wound so that it can/will heal.

we had a 2nd option from an podiritist this week, she isn't very optimistic.

The wound vac is usually a last ditch effort.

The LVN that has been coming in 3 times a week for the past 2 months or so was telling us that she thinks that DH will have to have his foot ambulated.

Then 2 weeks ago she talked about it again and said that she had forgotten that he had already lost his other leg, (idiot!!)

DH doesn't feel that he can loss another foot or leg, but it can't happen anyway because of his CHF, no DR would operate on him.

So, we have to be very carful about any infections ect.

DH isn't happy, and neither am I of course.

IC
Prayers for your hubby and you IC.

A guy that I went to high school with, who was quite a few years older than me, had a wound on his leg that wasn't healing for the longest time. They finally put a wound vac on it and while it took some time, his leg did finally heal up. I hope that the wound vac works for your DH too.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:22 am Prayers for your hubby and you IC.

A guy that I went to high school with, who was quite a few years older than me, had a wound on his leg that wasn't healing for the longest time. They finally put a wound vac on it and while it took some time, his leg did finally heal up. I hope that the wound vac works for your DH too.

MJ
thank you so much for your kind hopeful words.

If anyone will make it, DH will.

IC