Daily Check-in March 13, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in March 13, 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

MUSIC:

I was just liistening to my YouTube playlist when this song came on. I always think of my Dad and look across the living room to his two 8x10 photos while listening to it. He is smiling in both. One is when he is 17 and just graduated from Navy Boot Camp and his is in his Sailor Blues. The other is when he is in his late 20s and all spiffy in a suit.

As I listened, I thought of how heartbroken my sister-in-law is over losing Mylissa who had just turned 30 and left the three kids behind (10, 7 and 4). Of course, Cathy is having a very difficult time with losing a child and having to tell the Grandchildren that their mother has gone to heaven.

I sent her this song today on Facebook Messenger. About half an hour later, she messaged me back. She had been looking for a song for the service and has now chosen the one I sent her. They will put the lyrics on the memorial card.

Here is the song's YouTube Link. It's such a beautiful song. I think it will be just absolutely perfect for the service (I did not send it to her for that purpose but just as a little hope and thoughts of her for today).

MJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcl0bbu0Gc
Hope has a good imagination.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:34 pm Good morning everyone. It has been forever and a day since I have posted or even poked my head into the forum. I am doing ok except for having a flare up with my ALS and my blood pressure was way too high for a while. Nothing life threatening at this point in time. I have had to have several out-patient prodeucres that involve anesthetic and that makes me tired for a while.

A lot of stress related to other family memebers. My oldest great neice, 38, was killed in a car accident. She had 4 children. Thank goodness the 3 older children all boys have a father but her little girl does not. She was left an oprhan. A lot of family drama involved with other family memebers wanting to adopt her. Which is good but who gets to adopt her is the problem.My youngest neice is dealing with heart problems and an undiagonsed problem in another area of her body. A lot of testing and no answers yet.

Teddi is sick and been to the vet twice this past week. His bills came to $350.00 just this past week. The good thing is that I received a sizeable check from my solar company two days before he had to go for his second viist.

I cannot comment much on how the solar project is going. The company has some flaws in installation and follow through as far as maintance and set up. By the time they had things set up it was Fall here. Fall and winter in my area can be very overcast for days and weeks at a time. So far only on a rare day have I achieved maybe 42% energy independence. The solar panels are linked to my computer so I can check on things any time of the day or night. The company is good about monitoring my weather and when we hae had bad weather they send out a notice on my computer that due to an incoming storm I am being switched over to full battery back up. Then when the storm has passed they will notify me they are switching back. I must say the first check I received last week was overwhelming. It was a sign on bonus but I had to wait a year to receive it. It will make my life so much easier. I am still going to be frugal but at least I have some savings now. Before it was paycheck to paycheck.

I do not know if anyone knows what Murphy's Law is? It more or less means what can go wrong will go wrong. I have had to spend thousands of dollars in the last couple of months on my car. Then my furnace started having problems. Despite it being under warranty for parts I still had to pay for labor.. Again close to $2,000.00. Yikes! That is why the solar check has been such a blessing.

My nurse practionier left her practice under contract so they were not allowed to tell me where she moved to. After being denied being transferred to the other Dr in her office I finally found a new Dr. However it did time to get in to see him. Good thing that when I saw him he saw how high my blood pressure was and he started me on some new medication. I do like him a lot and since he is young I hope to have him forever.

A lot of other things have cropped up but I will not bore you with details. I am not sure if I will be able to keep up with a daily thing but decide to pop in when I feel up to it. Mrs Creative has encouraged me to do so. We stay in touch on FB messenger. Also I see some of you other ladies on your FB pages.
Janet..so good to hear from you. I am so very sorry about the loss of your great niece. That is such a tragedy.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:55 pm MUSIC:

I was just liistening to my YouTube playlist when this song came on. I always think of my Dad and look across the living room to his two 8x10 photos while listening to it. He is smiling in both. One is when he is 17 and just graduated from Navy Boot Camp and his is in his Sailor Blues. The other is when he is in his late 20s and all spiffy in a suit.

As I listened, I thought of how heartbroken my sister-in-law is over losing Mylissa who had just turned 30 and left the three kids behind (10, 7 and 4). Of course, Cathy is having a very difficult time with losing a child and having to tell the Grandchildren that their mother has gone to heaven.

I sent her this song today on Facebook Messenger. About half an hour later, she messaged me back. She had been looking for a song for the service and has now chosen the one I sent her. They will put the lyrics on the memorial card.

Here is the song's YouTube Link. It's such a beautiful song. I think it will be just absolutely perfect for the service (I did not send it to her for that purpose but just as a little hope and thoughts of her for today).

MJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHcl0bbu0Gc
MJ..that is a beautiful song.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your great niece and hope her little girl gets the best family for her. And also that Teddi is sick. Poor little fellow.

Patti, that was so nice of the fellow at Zenni. My husband also has non-diabetic neuropathy and one of his feet has been giving him fits this week. His internal medicine doc boosted the dosage of Lyrica he takes quite a bit to see if it would help.

I am back from the grocery store. Again no deals on fresh meat. I paid $ 6.99 for a pound of bacon because it was the only reduced sodium brand. A package of sweet Italian sausage was on sale for $3.99, so I bought that. Had coupons for canned beans and frozen vegetables, and Kraft mac and cheese was on sale again five boxes for $5, so I jumped on that.

Eggs are still ridiculous, but cheese was on sale this week. Everything else seems to be holding steady.

I hopped over to Dollar Tree and bought two soup plates to use to feed the dogs their evening meal. Goodwill will no longer break up sets of plates to sell one or two items so I'd had no luck finding the right dishes there. Goldie will not eat from a bowl because she needs to be able to see what's going on while she eats, thus it must be a plate.

While at DT, I got a fresh box of baking soda and two of those delicious Landmark Confections chocolate bars. They are big enough for us to share one.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

What a lovely song MJ.

I have been pretty darn lazy today. I did get all the household tasks done, but still have laundry folding to do.

I have not worked on projects much (knit a couple of rows), did a bit of research into using up various items (some were upcycling), rolled up the door to the shelter with Hubby and helped shovel out the snow that had accumulated inside (it was really blowing during our storm), and watching Love It or List It most of the afternoon.

I feel like a sloth.

Off to fold the laundry.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon

We've been here staying warm. Okay - it isn't that bad, but we are old - the COD has the heater on in the bathroom. Well it is more for his cats.

I've done laundry and some mopping.

My grand-nephews stopped by to see if I needed anything done. They have been doing yards all weekend and today also. It is their Spring Break - but they are hustling! I'll have to see if the COD will let them clean out the garage. He has so much stuff!!